Pediatric Nephrology Unit
Pediatric Nephrology Unit in Israel
The Pediatric Nephrology Unit at Sheba Medical Center provides diagnostic evaluations, medical treatments, and follow-up monitoring for children who suffer from the entire spectrum of kidney and urinary diseases. We provide integrative care, and specialists from our nephrology division collaborate with physicians in other medical disciplines to customize every patient’s treatment program. Our team includes highly qualified pediatric nephrologists, nurses, dialysis technicians, and a dietitian – all specially trained to treat children.
The Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital
The Pediatric Nephrology Unit is located within the Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital, a comprehensive facility at Sheba Medical Center dedicated entirely to children and their families. In this modern hospital, we provide a full range of healthcare services within a cheerful, comfortable environment that was designed with kids in mind.
Other departments in the Safra Children’s Hospital include:
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Department >
- Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinic
- Department of Pediatric Surgery >
- The Edmond J. Safra International Congenital Heart Center >
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Department >
- The Claudio Cohen Department of Pediatric Intensive Care
- The Raphael Cohen Pediatric Emergency Department
- The Pediatric Psychosomatic Department
- The Albert Katz Department of Neonatology >
- The Weinberg Child Development Center
- The Pediatric Pulmonary Unit >
- The Pediatric Metabolic Disease
- The Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit >
- The Pediatric Nephrology Unit
- The Pediatric Rheumatology Department
- The Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit
- The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit
- The Institute for Rare Diseases
- The Pediatric Neurology Unit
- The Pediatric Stem Cell Research Institute
- The Institute of Pediatric Cardiology
- The Pediatric Community Medicine Unit
What conditions do we treat?
Sheba’s doctors treat infants and children with a wide range of renal conditions, including:
- Kidney and urinary tract stones
- Renal metabolic conditions
- Acquired and congenital renal disease
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Terminal renal failure
- Nocturia (nocturnal urination syndrome)
- Hypertension in children up to age 18
What treatments are offered at Pediatric Nephrology Unit?
In this center, we perform peritoneal dialysis for children who suffer from terminal renal failure; we also arrange at-home dialysis, when appropriat
Acute Dialysis Unit:
We use various methods of dialysis treatment for infants and children suffering from acute renal failure (administered in the Pediatric ICU), including peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis, and hemofiltration
Clinic for Terminal Kidney Disease and Kidney Transplant Patients:
We provide precise monitoring for children with chronic and terminal renal insufficiency, as well as follow-up after kidney transplant; our staff includes physicians, a dietitian, and a pediatric psychologist to help prepare children for dialysis or a kidney transplant
Renal Biopsy Service:
We provide diagnosis and treatment for children with chronic renal disease and acute renal failure, working in collaboration with Sheba’s Ultrasound Unit and Pathology Institute
Pediatric Nocturia Clinic:
At this specialized clinic, we provide a range of therapies for nocturnal urination in children, such as bladder exercise, motivation counseling, conditioning, medication (Minirin), antidepressants, and muscle relaxants
Benjamin Dekel, MD, PhD
Additional related doctors
Holistic Healthcare at Sheba – Focused on Your Child
When caring for children with kidney and urinary diseases, we personalize every treatment program to consider each child and family’s unique needs. As we provide the most effective, multidisciplinary medical treatments possible, we focus on improving your child’s overall quality of life – and not just on the disease. Our team includes a psychologist, social worker, dietitian, and rehabilitation therapists who treat every child with compassion to promote full healing. To ensure a comfortable and efficient patient experience, every healthcare service from A-Z is provided conveniently under one roof on Sheba’s campus.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: