Cutting-edge Treatments in the Children’s Hospitals in Israel
Children are precious, and treating them with the best possible medical care is imperative. That is why the medical establishments in Israel feature so many first-rate facilities dedicated exclusively to pediatric care. The hospitals in Israel consist of numerous specialized departments and sub-departments, each of which offers the latest treatments, procedures, and high-tech diagnostics.
In addition, the approach to pediatric care in Israel is multidisciplinary, which ensures that proper medical attention is paid to every detail of the child’s health. Leading specialists collaborate to ensure that every child benefits from the utmost level of care.
The Story of Lampros Kallenos’s Treatment at a Children’s Hospital in Israel
The tale of Lamos’s fight for life is a powerful, genuine description of the superior level of medicine and compassionate care provided by a team of physicians in Israel.
Lampros Kallenos, a 6-year-old boy from Cyprus, arrived at The Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital in Israel, Sheba Medical Center, when he was only three weeks old. There, he was diagnosed with lymphangiomatosis, a rare and serious condition. Since then, Lampros underwent complex surgery, was in a coma, and has been in and out of the ICU constantly. At one point, he was flown to Philadelphia for specialized lung surgery before returning to Israel for rehabilitation that spanned more than a year. Because his condition is so rare and complex, specialists from every department at the children’s hospital were involved in his treatment. In his parent’s words, “The doctors in Israel are highly trained physicians who worked together to give Lampros the best possible medical care. They were always available, always willing to help us.”
Why Come to The Sheba Medical Center Children’s Hospital in Israel?
Here is an overview of our cutting-edge pediatric services:
- Edmond J. Safra International Congenital Heart Center: the largest institution of its kind in Israel
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Department: cares for the physical and mental rehabilitation of our young patients, including psychological therapy, neuropsychological assessments, speech therapy, physiotherapy, and hydrotherapy
- Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinic: treats childhood diabetes, obesity, endocrine issues, and other hormonal disorders
- Department of Pediatric Surgery: this new department is equipped with the latest technology to provide surgical treatment for a diversity of diseases, disorders, and injuries. The unit also features ultra-modern monitoring and safety devices
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology: medical care, psychosocial therapy, social support, and complementary therapies for children with cancer and blood disorders
- Pediatric Neurology Institute: treatment for a multitude of neurologic problems, and equipped with the newest diagnostic tools
All-encompassing 360-Degree Service & Holistic Care
At Sheba, we prioritize the overall comfort – physical, emotional, and social – of our little patients and their families. Our goal is to facilitate full healing and improve the quality of life for children with cancer.
- Families are kept informed throughout every step of their child’s treatment.
- A dedicated coordinator from the International Medical Tourism Division will assist with every detail, from travel arrangements to translation to accommodations.
- Our children’s hospital features a warm atmosphere and cheerful decor.
- There is a kitchenette for families to use and a contemporary playground.