Pediatric Rehabilitation Department
Pediatric Rehabilitation Department
The Pediatric Rehabilitation Department at Sheba Medical Center uses the latest diagnostics and treatment techniques to help children with a variety of disabilities to maximize their function and quality of life. Experienced physicians from a range of departments, such as pediatric neurology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and neuropsychology collaborate to individualize each patient’s care. We treat approximately 150 inpatients and more than 2,000 outpatients every year.
Our departmental staff consists of two senior physicians and a full team of allied health professionals, including psychologists, physiotherapists, hydrotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, and social workers. Our advanced Education Center features a full team of teachers and art and music therapists, as well as the technologies for distance learning with telemetry and online communication with the child’s school.
In addition to our inpatient unit, we have an outpatient clinic to enable early discharge, helping to expediting the rehabilitation process. With the child living at home, families are encouraged to develop a normal daily routine that includes treatment in our day admissions unit and the child’s gradual integration into the regular school system.
Sheba’s Pediatric Rehabilitation Department provides a continuum of care for children of all ages, from birth through adolescence, custom-tailoring daily programs to address the changing needs of each child and family.
The Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital
The Pediatric Rehabilitation Department at Sheba Medical Center is located within the Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital, an all-inclusive facility dedicated entirely to children and their families. From A-Z, the professional services and warm atmosphere of our pediatric hospital is oriented towards kids. Our inpatient rehabilitation unit occupies the fourth floor of the Safra Children’s Hospital and includes 18 beds for young patients who require intensive rehabilitation. On-site accommodation is available for parents to stay with the child. Nearby, on the third floor of this hospital facility, we house the main physical and occupational therapy areas, with specialized rooms for Biofeedback and Cognitive Therapy. There is also a fully equipped exercise room for children.
Departments in the Safra Children’s Hospital include:
- International Congenital Heart Center
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Department
- Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Clinic
- Department of Pediatric Surgery >
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Department >
- The Claudio Cohen Department of Pediatric Intensive Care
- The Raphael Cohen Pediatric Emergency Department
- The Pediatric Psychosomatic Department
- The Albert Katz Department of Neonatology >
- The Weinberg Child Development Center
- The Pediatric Pulmonary Unit >
- The Pediatric Metabolic Disease
- The Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit >
- The Pediatric Nephrology Unit >
- The Pediatric Infectious Disease Unit
- The Pediatric Rheumatology Department
- The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit
- The Institute for Rare Diseases
- The Pediatric Neurology Unit >
- The Pediatric Stem Cell Research Institute
- The Institute of Pediatric Cardiology
- The Pediatric Community Medicine Unit
What conditions do we treat?
The Pediatric Rehabilitation Department has expertise in the management of many pediatric physical disabilities, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Perinatal brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord and spinal column malformations
- Neuromuscular and skeletal disorders
- Oncological conditions, such as brain tumors
What treatments do we offer?
We provide a myriad of personalized rehabilitation services for both inpatients and outpatients, setting goals to help each child achieve optimal functional ability. Experts work together with every family to apply methods to improve specific problems, including medical issues, mobility, sensorimotor skills, self-care, swallowing, speech and language, and cognitive skills. Our services include:
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Assessing technological requirements, such as computer components, communication devices, special accessories required for daily living and a seating clinic to define individual wheelchair specifications
- Establishing rehabilitation requirements and planning for the home environment
- Evaluating and managing bladder and bowel incontinence
- Nursing service to manage pressure sores
Janna Landa, MD
Additional related doctors
Holistic Healing for Children
All of our pediatric treatments are guided by the principle that the patient’s unique needs come first. We partner with you and your child to customize the most effective, holistic treatment program to meet your requirements and preferences. The mission of pediatric rehabilitation at Sheba is to return the child to the life he or she enjoys at home and at school, with family and friends. Our doctors and therapists value your feedback, and we’ll assess your child regularly to update the treatment program. All medical and support services are provided conveniently on our vast campus.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: