- Department of Pediatrics B
- Pediatric Rheumatology
Dr. Irit Tirosh is a pediatric rheumatologist, Head of Pediatric Rheumatology service at the Safra Childrens Hospital, Sheba Medical Center.
Pediatric rheumatologists diagnose and treat childhood arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, Kawasaki Disease and other rheumatic diseases of the joints, soft tissue, and connective tissue.
Conditions and treatment
- Childhood arthritis
- Kawasaki Disease
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Rheumatic disease
- Head of Pediatric Rheumatology service
- Staff Physician- Department of Pediatrics B
Education and Training
- MD, Joyce and Irving Goldman Medical School, Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Internship, Soroka Medical Center, Beer-Sheba, Israel
- Residency in Pediatrics, Schneider’s Children Medical Center, Petach-Tiqwa, Israel
- ECFMG Certification
- Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship, Boston Childrens Hospital
- Research assistance, Boston Childrens Hospital
- Summer Elective Program – Pediatric Endocrinology, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
Lack of prenatal care in two different societies living in the same region and sharing the same medical facilities
Sheiner E, Hallak M, Twizer (Tirosh) I, Mazor M, Katz M, Shoham-Vardi I. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2001, 21(5):453-8.
Twizer I, Sheiner E, Hallak M, Mazor M, Katz M, Shoham-Vardi I.Lack of prenatal care in a traditional society. Is it an obstetric hazard?
J Reprod Med. 2001, 46(7):662-8.
Tirosh II, Hoffer V, Finkelstein Y, Garty BZ. Heat stroke in familial dysautonomia.
Pediatr Neurol. 2003, 29(2):164-6.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: