Dr. Irit Tirosh is a pediatric rheumatologist, Head of Pediatric Rheumatology service at the Safra Childrens Hospital, Sheba Medical Center.
Pediatric rheumatologists diagnose and treat childhood arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, Kawasaki Disease and other rheumatic diseases of the joints, soft tissue, and connective tissue.
- Head of Pediatric Rheumatology service
- Staff Physician- Department of Pediatrics B
Conditions and treatment
- childhood arthritis
- juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- systemic lupus erythematosus
- Kawasaki Disease
- rheumatic disease
Education and Training
- MD, Joyce and Irving Goldman Medical School, Ben-Gurion University, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Internship, Soroka Medical Center, Beer-Sheba, Israel
- Residency in Pediatrics, Schneider’s Children Medical Center, Petach-Tiqwa, Israel
- ECFMG Certification
- Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship, Boston Childrens Hospital
- Research assistance, Boston Childrens Hospital
- Summer Elective Program – Pediatric Endocrinology, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Lack of prenatal care in two different societies living in the same region and sharing the same medical facilities.Sheiner E, Hallak M, Twizer (Tirosh) I, Mazor M, Katz M, Shoham-Vardi I.
J Obstet Gynaecol. 2001, 21(5):453-8.
- Twizer I, Sheiner E, Hallak M, Mazor M, Katz M, Shoham-Vardi I.Lack of prenatal care in a traditional society. Is it an obstetric hazard? J Reprod Med. 2001, 46(7):662-8.
- Tirosh I, Hoffer V, Finkelstein Y, Garty BZ. Heat stroke in familial dysautonomia. Pediatr Neurol. 2003, 29(2):164-6.