Sheba Medical Center Looks Forward to Another Amazing Year in 2018
Sheba Medical Center remained the top medical center in Israel and a world leader in healthcare and medical research in 2017. However, we are not satisfied to rest on our laurels. The expert staff at Sheba has great things planned for 2018 – further advances in medical research and continued excellence in patient care.
Here is a brief review of our accomplishments last year:
• Sheba’s staff treated 1.5 million patients – 20% of the entire population of Israel!
• Sheba has a staff of over 8,000 on our 200+ acre campus.
• We boast 1,700 patient beds and 1,425 – nearly one physician per bed.
• Sheba researchers were responsible for 30% of all medical research in Israel.
• Our surgeons carried out 50,000 surgeries, and 11,000 babies came into the world at Sheba.
• Our emergency rooms cared for 190,000 patients.
• Most telling of all, patients sent Sheba over 2,000 letters of thanks.
While 2017 was a wonderful year at Sheba, we know that 2018 will be even better.