The Division of Surgery at the Sheba Medical Center in Israel offers state-of-the-art surgical treatment that remains at the forefront of cutting-edge research and developments. Sheba’s Division of Surgery is a multifunctional surgical and care facility that features extensive services in one generalized location. Our surgeons not only perform complex and general operations but also serve as researchers who publish studies in more than 100 peer-reviewed and prestigious medical journals. Patients can expect to receive expert and skilled care at the Center
What specific treatments:
At Sheba’s Division of Surgery, patients seek a multitude of surgical services, but the most common treatments at the facilities include:
- Hernia Surgeries
- Hiatal Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Many other surgical treatments are also provided so please contact Sheba to learn more about their innumerable services.
The Sheba Medical Center’s Division of Surgery is also affiliated with the Sackler School of Medicine at Tel Aviv University. Here are just a few excellent reasons to choose Sheba for any of your general surgery needs:
- Surgeons at Sheba perform over 23,500 operations per year
- The Surgical Division is made up of 18 skilled surgical departments, who all work together to treat a wide range of pathologies
- You will receive experienced, multidisciplinary treatment from a team of over 250 surgeons who have been educated at the finest institutions around the world.
- Each year the skilled surgical staff performs 1,000 laparoscopic surgery procedures for treatments on the stomach, gall bladder, adrenal gland, colon, hiatal hernia, inguinal hernias and abdominal wall hernia, spleen removal, and surgery for obesity.
- At Sheba, a personal approach to care is always taken
- Sheba is a leader in cutting-edge surgical research
Sheba Medical Center Transforming Healthcare and Biomedical Innovation
Who are some of the doctors/professors:
The Sheba Medical Center’s Surgical Division is home to a team of world-class surgeons.
Prof. Mordechai Gutman
Head of Department of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation.
Expertise: General surgery and oncologic surgery
Dr. Nahshon Knoler
Director of the Department of Neurosurgery.
Expertise: Neurosurgery and spinal surgeryRead More
Dr. Marat Khaikin
A leading surgeon at the Department of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation.
Expertise: General surgery, colorectal surgery, proctology, and the latest methods of laparoscopy
Prof. Ran Kremer
Head of Thoracic Surgery Department.
Expertise: General surgery, cardiothoracic surgery.Read More
The focus of the Division of Surgery is interdisciplinary. Holistic approaches are provided to create genuinely tailor-made medicine. The surgical, medical, support and nursing teams all work together to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients with the highest level of care.
The Division of Surgery at Sheba Medical Center is made up of numerous specialized departments located in one building. There is no reason to travel to numerous places for care when all specialties are conveniently located in one area. At the Division of Surgery, patients can undergo pre-surgery tests, surgical procedures, and recovery at a singular facility.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: