Ran Kremer M.D.
- Thoracic surgery
- Director, Department of Thoracic Surgery, Sheba Medical Center
- Aug 2014 - 2020 Acting Director of Department of General Thoracic surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel.
- 2009 – Present Clinical instructor Department of Thoracic Surgery, Rambam Health Care Campus, and The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- Jul 2007- Present Deputy head of Department of General Thoracic surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel.
- 2006 - 2007 Clinical fellowship in Lung Transplant Surgery, Toronto General Hospital , Toronto ,Canada.
- 2005 –2006 Senior staff Department of General thoracic surgery, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel.
Education and Training
- 1992 Pre-Medical Studies Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- 1994 Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.). Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
- 1996 Doctor of medicine (M.D.) – Cum Laude. The Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
Blum S, Asaf R, Guetta J, Miller-Lotan R, Asleh R, Kremer R, Levy NS, Berger FG, Aronson D, Fu X, Zhang R, Hazen SL, Levy AP. Haptoglobin genotype determines myocardial infarct size in diabetic mice.
J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007 Jan 2;49(1):82-7. Epub 2006 Dec 13. PubMed PMID: 17207726.
Broza YY, Kremer R, Tisch U, Gevorkyan A, Shiban A, Best LA, Haick H. A nanomaterial-based breath test for short-term follow-up after lung tumor resection.
Nanomedicine. 2013 Jan;9(1):15-21. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2012.07.009. Epub 2012 Sep 8. PubMed PMID: 22967910.
Kaidar-Person O, Naroditsky I, Guralnik L, Kremer R, Bar-Sela G. Collision tumor of the mediastinum:
a rare entity. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Jan;95(1):330-2. doi: 10.1016/j.athoracsur.2012.06.030. Epub 2012 Dec 25. PubMed PMID: 23272853.
Lapidot M, Faber DL, Nir RR, Orlovsky M, Kagan M, Best LA, Kremer R. C-reactive protein predicts pleurodesis success in malignant pleural effusion patients.
J Palliat Med. 2013 Apr;16(4):337. doi: 10.1089/jpm.2012.0521. Epub 2013 Feb 25. PubMed PMID: 23437814.
Kazarin O, Vlodavsky E, Guralnik L, Kremer R, Lachter J, Bar-Sela G. Association between esophageal leiomyomatosis and p53 mutation.
Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Apr;95(4):1429-31.
Kremer R, Granot M, Yarnitsky D, Crispel Y, Fadel S,Best LA and Nir RR. The Role of Pain Catastrophizing in the Prediction of Acute and Chronic Postoperative Pain.
The Open Pain Journal, 2013, 6, 176-182.
Leitner-Dagan Y, Sevilya Z, Pinchev M, Kremer R, Elinger D, Rennert HS, Schechtman E, Freedman L, Rennert G, Livneh Z, Paz-Elizur T. Enzymatic MPG DNA repair assays for two different oxidative DNA lesions reveal associations with increased lung cancer risk.
Carcinogenesis. 2014 Dec;35(12):2763-70.
Rennert G, Kremer R, Rennert HS, Wollner M, Agbarya A, Pinchev M, Lejbkowicz F, Spitz MR, Muscat JE. Lower lung cancer rates in Jewish smokers in Israel and the USA.
Int J Cancer. 2015 Apr 29.
Sevilya Z, Leitner-Dagan Y, Pinchev M, Kremer R, Elinger D, Lejbkowicz F, Rennert HS, Freedman LS, Rennert G, Paz-Elizur T, Livneh Z. Development of APE1 enzymatic DNA repair assays:
low APE1 activity is associated with increase lung cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. 2015 Jun 4.
Assessment of short- and long-term effects of minimally-invasive lobectomy in octogenarians.
Zalsberg O, Levy-Faber D, Anson-Best L, Kremer R. Ha-Refua. 2015. In Press.
Kremer R, Peysakhovich Y, Guralnik L, Bar-Shalom R. FDG PET/CT for Assessing the Resectability of NSCLC Patients with N2 Disease after Neoadjuvant Therapy.
Annals of Nuclear Medicine. 2015.
Katz A , Barash U, Boyango I, Feld S, Zohar Y, Hammond E, Ilan N, Kremer R, Vlodavsky I. Patient derived xenografts predict an effective heparanase based therapy for lung cancer.
Oncotarget volume 10(2019)
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: