3 Reasons to Consider TIL for Your Melanoma Treatment
(TIL) immunotherapy treatment turns your body’s lymphocytes into elite cancer-killing soldiers.
TIL is very effective in patients with metastatic melanoma that have had little or no benefit from conventional therapies.
In this short video, Dr. Michal Besser and Prof. Jacob Schachter explain what TIL Immunotherapy is and its effectiveness treating patients with advanced metastatic melanoma.
“Usually, within 4 weeks, we see the beginning of the clinical results. In the CT scans you see the metastasis getting smaller and smaller, and some of the metastasis finally disappear. If you achieve complete response, its durable, and you actually cure patients with advanced melanoma”
Where can I receive TIL Immunotherapy Treatment?
Because of its advanced nature, TIL is not available everywhere. Only a few healthcare facilities throughout the world offer this therapy. One such institution is Sheba Medical Center in Israel.
Doctors at Sheba have participated in TIL research from the very beginning, and Sheba has a number of advantages when it comes to TIL immunotherapy and melanoma treatment in general:
- Sheba has received full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the foremost international healthcare accrediting authority.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center in the US and Sheba Medical Center are close partners and sister institutions.
- The Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-Oncology at Sheba is the largest and most advanced melanoma institute in the region.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their TIL treatment in a single facility. Even the lymphocyte genetic engineering is conducted in-house.
- Sheba Medical Center’s Medical Tourism Department provides world class medicine with a personal touch to patients from across the globe.
To learn more about TIL or to schedule a no-cost consultation, contact Sheba today through this official webpage.