Why You Should Consider Kidney Cancer Treatment in Israel
Kidney cancer, also called renal cancer, originates in the kidneys — the organs responsible for filtering waste products from the blood via urine.
Thirty years ago, a kidney cancer diagnosis brought little hope. Fortunately, with the advancement of modern medicine, the majority of kidney cancer cases today are diagnosed in the early stages, and treatment can begin much sooner.
Kidney Cancer Treatment Options in Israel
Kidney cancer patients usually undergo one or a combination of the following cancer treatments:
- Surgery: abdominal, laparoscopic, and minimally invasive
- Radiation therapy
- Chemotherapy: both conventional and targeted chemotherapy is offered in Israel
- Immunotherapy with biologic drugs
- Targeted therapy
Unfortunately, cancer treatment is not without risks and side-effects. Traditional treatment plans for kidney cancer may involve the removal of the affected kidney, called a nephrectomy. Immediate consequences include bleeding and increased risk of infection, and long-term effects may result in dialysis.
Luckily, there may be a way around the negative effects of cancer treatment with a new, cutting-edge technique called Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment, only available at a few medical institutions worldwide.
What is Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment?
Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment is a groundbreaking new technique that uses dual laser technology to simultaneously kill tumors, stop bleeding, and resect dead tissue. The two lasers operate at different wavelengths so that one can kill cancer cells while the other cuts out dead tissue. The special technology supports treatment on very large tumors that would otherwise require surgery.
5 Benefits of Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment
There are many benefits to Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment, starting with the fact that it doesn’t require any incisions. Because it is much less minimally invasive than traditional surgery, the risk of complications is lower. These are some of the benefits of choosing Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment for kidney cancer.
- Spares Urinary Organs. In many cases, renal cancer results in the removal of a kidney. Patients living with one kidney often develop renal insufficiency, and sometimes even require dialysis later on. Kidney-Sparing Laser Surgery spares organs and the complications that arise from their removal.
- Fewer Complications. Surgery itself comes with complications, such as bleeding and infection. For this reason, it’s best to avoid surgery when possible.
- Faster Recovery. Recovery from surgery can be long and arduous, sometimes requiring physical therapy. This isn’t a problem with Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment.
- Longer Life Expectancy. Kidney removal greatly increases the risk of future medical complications including renal insufficiency, the need for dialysis, and heart problems. Patients who undergo Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment are much less likely to develop these complications and therefore have longer life expectancies.
- Reduced Need for Repeat Operations. The special technology used in Kidney-Sparing Laser Treatment with dual lasers makes for a clean cut of tissue that has already been killed.
Sheba Medical Center – An Ideal Destination for Your Kidney Cancer Treatment
Few institutions in the world have the technology and experience to perform Kidney-Sparing Laser Surgery with dual laser technology; Sheba Medical Center is one of them.
Recently named among the world’s top ten hospitals on Newsweek’s prestigious list, Sheba Medical Center is a leading force in medical science and biotechnological innovation. Here are a few reasons you should consider Sheba Medical Center for kidney cancer treatment in Israel:
- Sheba is fully accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI), the gold seal of approval in international healthcare.
- Sheba Medical Center and MD Anderson Cancer Center in the US collaborate to share research and expert medical staff.
- The kidney cancer treatment team includes Dr. Nir Kleinmann, Senior Physician at the Department of Urology, and Prof. Jacob Ramon, Head of the Department of Urology and expert in reconstructive urological surgery.
- Sheba Medical Center is a government institution, and as such, ensures full price transparency. Sheba’s patients are never surprised by hidden costs.
Sheba Medical Center is dedicated to a holistic approach to healthcare, focusing not only on the patient’s physical state but emotional and mental needs as well. The expertly-trained and compassionate staff keep patients informed every step of the way through their diagnosis, treatment, and recovery at Sheba.