Dr. Zohar Dotan is an expert in urology, and serves as the director of the Department of Urology at the Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer. Dr. Dotan specializes in complex oncology of kidney, prostate, urinary and testicular tumors, he is a pioneer in the field of robotic laparoscopic surgery. Dr. Dotan has contributed to the development of advanced prostate and kidney tumor treatment, based on minimally invasive technologies. This modern day surgical treatment helps patients recover much more rapidly from surgery.
After completing his studies at the Sackler School of Medicine, TAU, in 1993, Dr. Dotan specialized in the Urology Department at Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer. During his internship, he received a Ph.D. in genetics from the Sackler School of Medicine. He has also served as a senior lecturer at the Sacker School of Medicine Continuing Education Unit.
Dr. Dotan is working to improve prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and kidney cancer treatment. Using advanced treatment techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), as well as molecular markers for assessing the extent of how much a tumor spread, Dr. Dotan is able to choose the most suitable surgery procedure for each case.
Dr. Dotan is the author of more than 50 scientific articles and has participated in international symposiums and conferences. For his contribution to the development of urologic oncology, Dr. Zohar Dotan has received several prestigious awards on behalf of the American Association of Clinical Surgery. He was awarded the Prize for Research in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Director, Department of Urology, Sheba Medical Center
- Head of the Israeli Uro-oncology Society
- Assistant Professor, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
- Member of the Israeli Urological Association
- Member of the American Urological Association
- Member of the European Urological Association
Conditions and treatment
- prostate cancer
- adrenal tumors
- bladder cancer
- kidney cancer
- testicular tumors
- genito-urinary sarcoma
- laparoscopic surgery
- robot-assisted surgery
Education and Training
- Graduated from the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
- Internships at the Sheba Medical Center and KaplanMedical Center
- Fellowship in Uro-Oncology and Laparoscopy at the Sloan-Kettering Memorial Oncology Center in New York (USA)