Dr. Yisgav Shapira is the Head of the cochlear implant Service at the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Sheba Medical Center. He serves as the senior Otologist-Neurotologist of the department.
Dr. Shapira graduated the Sackler School of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University. After that he performed his residency at the ENT therapy and Head and Neck surgery Department at Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer. He attended a clinical fellowship at the University of Miami and Jackson Memorial Hospital under the supervision of Prof. Thomas Balkany and Prof. Fred Telischi.
Dr. Shapira is interested in the fields of surgical restoration of hearing, chronic otitis media and temporal bone lesions. His research focuses on long-term results with cochlear implants, hearing conservation in cochlear implant surgery and modern approaches for treating chronic otitis media.
- Head of Cochlear Implant Service
- Senior Otologist/Neurotologist at ENT and Head and Neck Surgery department
- Ear and Hearing Loss Treatment Coordinator
- Member of Academic Council Committee on Examinations
- Coordinator of propaedeutic of Vertigo diseases for speech therapists, School of Communication Disorders, Sackler Medical School, Tel Aviv University
Education and Training
- Graduated Sackler Medical School, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Residency in ENT therapy and Head and Neck surgery, Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
- Clinical fellowship in Otology/Neurotology at Jackson memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Florida, USA
- Head and Neck surgery
- Traumatic Perforation of the Tympanic Membrane: A Review of 80 Cases. Sagiv D, Migirov L, Glikson E, Mansour J, Yousovich R, Wolf M, Shapira Y.
- Transcanal Endoscopic Ear Surgery for Middle Ear Cholesteatoma. Glikson E, Yousovich R, Mansour J, Wolf M, Migirov L, Shapira Y.
- Necrotizing otitis externa: diagnosis, treatment, and outcome in a case series. Glikson E, Sagiv D, Wolf M, Shapira Y.