Specializing in breast cancer treatment, Dr. Tal Shapira-Rotenberg is an attending physician at Sheba’s Jusidman Oncology Hospital, and has also served as a medical advisor to Sheba’s Global Patient Services since 2020.
Earning her MD from the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Medical School, Dr. Shapira-Rotenberg has completed residencies in both internal medicine and oncology before undertaking a prestigious clinical fellowship at Royal Marsden Hospital’s Breast Cancer Unit.
A prominent expert in the treatment of early-stage and metastatic breast cancer, she has dedicated her career to the research and treatment of the malignancy.
Conditions and treatment
- Breast cancer
- Senior Physician, Breast Cancer Unit, Jusidman Oncology Hospital
- Medical Advisor, Global Patient Services, Sheba Medical Center
- Appraiser, Assessment Center for Medical School Admissions, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
- Israel Society of Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapy, Member
Education and Training
- Clinical fellowship, Breast Cancer Unit, the Royal Marsden Hospital, Chelsea, London
- Residency, Department of Oncology, Davidoff Center, Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Center, Israel
- Post-graduate school, Oncology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Post-graduate school, Internal Medicine, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Residency, Department of Internal Medicine A, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Israel
- Internship, Meir Hospital, Sapir Medical Center, Israel
- MD, Joyce and Irving Goldman Medical School, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- International Summer Oncology Training Program for Medical Students (ISOMS), Holland
- B.Med.Sc, Joyce and Irving Goldman Medical School, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Internal Medicine (Israeli Board)
- Medical OncologyOncology (Israeli Board)
Distelman-Menachem T, Shapira T, Laitman Y, Kaufman B, Barak F, Tavtigian S, Friedman E
“Analysis of BRCA1/BRCA2 genes’ contribution to breast cancer susceptibility in high risk Jewish Ashkenazi women”. Fam Cancer, 2009;8(2):127-33.
Shapira T, Pereg D, Lishner M.: “How I treat acute and chronic leukemia in pregnancy
Blood Rev. 2008 Sep;22(5):247-59.
Shapira T, Lishner M: “Leukemia during pregnancy” in Cancer in Pregnancy and Lactation, Eds
Koren G, Lishner M, Santiago S, Cambridge University Press, 2011
Battisti NML, True V, Chaabouni N, Chopra N, Lee K, Shepherd S, Shapira-Rotenberg T, Joshi R, McGrath S, Okines A, Parton M, Turner N, Mohammed K, Allen M, Johnston S, Ring A.: "Pathological complete response to neoadjuvant systemic therapy in 789 early and locally advanced breast cancer patients: The Royal Marsden experience". Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2020 Jan;179(1):101-111.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: