For the last three decades, Prof. Kreiss served in the Israel Defense Forces, first as a combat surgeon on the front lines and then ascending through all levels of command until he assumed leadership of the Medical Corps as the IDF Surgeon General. Since 2016, Prof. Kreiss has been Director General of Sheba Medical Center.
Various prestigious awards have been granted to Prof. Kreiss for his contribution to global medical efforts during crises in both war and peacetime. He has led many humanitarian missions and treated emergency victims in wars and disaster situations around the world, including: establishing a field hospital for the Kosovo refugees in Macedonia; a rescue mission for victims of terror in Egypt; setting up an Israeli field hospital for earthquake victims in Haiti; medical operations for victims of the civil war in Syria; medical mission for victims of the typhoon in the Philippines.
Prof. Kreiss’s research has contributed significantly to the development of current concepts and practices in establishing emergency medical responses, and he is widely recognized as one of the most insightful sources for providing medical relief in natural disasters.
He is married to Inbal and has three children.
Conditions and treatment
- Leader of numerous humanitarian missions worldwide
- Treatment of emergency victims in wars and disaster situations around the globe
- Director General, Sheba Medical Center
- Brig. General (Res) Professor, IDF
- Associate Professor of Medicine at Tel Aviv University
- Adjunct Associate Professor at the Hebrew University School of Medicine
Education and Training
- MD, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Sheba Medical Center at Tel HaShomer, Israel
- Masters of Health Administration, Business School at Tel Aviv University
- Masters of Public Administration, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: