Dr. Hila Magen is the Head of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Unit, Division of Hematology, Sheba Medical Center. Dr. Magen is a highly qualified specialist in the field of multiple myeloma treatment, who now leads the implementation of the novel and promising CAR-T therapy for refractory myeloma patients.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Medical Association, Israel
Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Israel
International Society of Amyloidosis (ISA)
Israel Science Foundation (ISF)
- Head of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Unit, Division of Hematology, Sheba Medical Center
- Instructor, Internal Medicine Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Conditions and treatment
- multiple myeloma
- CAR-T therapy
Education and Training
- MD degree, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Internal Medicine Specialization
- Fellowship, Hematology, Institute of Hematology, Rabin Medical Center
- Fellowship, University of Arkansaw, Little Rock, USA [Multiple Myeloma]
- Head of Multiple Myeloma Service, Institute of Hematology, Rabin Medical Center – Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
- Head of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Unit, Division of Hematology, Sheba Medical Center Hospital - Tel-Hashomer, Ramat-Gan, Israel
- Weiss C, Uziel O, Wolach O, Nordenberg J, Beery E, Bulvick S, Kanfer G, Cohen O, Ram R, Bakhanashvili M, Magen H, Shilo N, Lahav M.
Differential downregulation of telomerase activity by bortezomib in multiple myeloma cells-multiple regulatory pathways in vitro and ex vivo.
Br J Cancer. 2012 Nov 20;107(11):1844-52.
2. Lonial S, Dimopoulos M, Palumbo A, White D, Grosicki S, Spicka I, Walter-Croneck A, Moreau P, Mateos MV, Magen H, Belch A, Reece D, Beksac M, Spencer A, Oakervee H, Orlowski RZ, Taniwaki M, Röllig C, Einsele H, Wu KL, Singhal A, San-Miguel J, Matsumoto M, Katz J Bleickardt E, Poulart V, Anderson KC, Richardson P; ELOQUENT-2 Investigators.
Elotuzumab Therapy for Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma.
N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 13;373(7):621-631.