- Division of Hematology
- Internal Medicine
Dr. Hila Magen serves as Head of Sheba’s Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Unit. Dr. Magen completed her medical studies at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, followed by a lymphocytic leukemia fellowship at MD Anderson, one of the world’s leading cancer treatment centers. A lecturer at Tel Aviv University’s Sackler School of Medicine, Dr. Magen is one of Israel’s leading multiple myeloma experts.
Conditions and treatment
- Multiple myeloma
- CAR-T therapy
- Head of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Unit, Division of Hematology, Sheba Medical Center
- Instructor, Internal Medicine Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel
Education and Training
- MD degree, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Internal Medicine Specialization
- Fellowship, Hematology, Institute of Hematology, Rabin Medical Center
- Fellowship, University of Arkansaw, Little Rock, USA [Multiple Myeloma]
- Head of Multiple Myeloma Service, Institute of Hematology, Rabin Medical Center – Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
- Head of Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis Unit, Division of Hematology, Sheba Medical Center Hospital - Tel-Hashomer, Ramat-Gan, Israel
Weiss C, Uziel O, Wolach O, Nordenberg J, Beery E, Bulvick S, Kanfer G, Cohen O, Ram R, Bakhanashvili M, Magen H, Shilo N, Lahav M. Differential downregulation of telomerase activity by bortezomib in multiple myeloma cells-multiple regulatory pathways in vitro and ex vivo. Br J Cancer. 2012 Nov 20;107(11):1844-52.
Lonial S, Dimopoulos M, Palumbo A, White D, Grosicki S, Spicka I, Walter-Croneck A, Moreau P, Mateos MV, Magen H, Belch A, Reece D, Beksac M, Spencer A, Oakervee H, Orlowski RZ, Taniwaki M, Röllig C, Einsele H, Wu KL, Singhal A, San-Miguel J, Matsumoto M, Katz J Bleickardt E, Poulart V, Anderson KC, Richardson P; ELOQUENT-2 Investigators. Elotuzumab Therapy for Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma. N Engl J Med. 2015 Aug 13;373(7):621-631.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: