- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Dr Hana Golan serves as the deputy director and the head of the day care service of the Pediatric Hematology Oncology division. She completed her medical degree at the Technion- Israel Institute of Technology and specialized in pediatrics and pediatric hemato-oncology at the Safra Children’s Hospital at the Sheba Medical Center. Dr. Golan has a special interest in treating children with Neuroblastoma and serves as the PI of the international HR ESIOP protocol in the department.
Main research areas:
- Isolation and characterization of cancer stem cells from various pediatric solid tumors
- Development of new treatments designed to target and destroy cancer stem cells.
- The effects of cannabinoids on pediatric tumors
- Coordinator of the Hematology course for medical students, Sackler Faculty of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, Israel, 2009-2011
- Pediatric Hematology oncology lectures for medical students and nurses, 1996 – Present.
- Tutor in charge of medical students, 1991-1992
- Director of the computerized program of the inpatient and outpatient computerized medical record
- Establishment of computerized chemotherapy protocols and patient’s database, 1999 – 2014.
CLINICAL TRIALS EXPERIENCE
- Principle investigator of the High Risk Neuroblastoma 1.7 ESIOP protocol, Sheba medical center, 2002 – present.
- Principle investigator of the “Phase I/II, 2-part, Multi Center, Single arm, Open-Label Study, to determine the Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetics of oral Dabrafenib in Children and Adolescent Subjects with Advanced BRAF V-600 Mutation Positive Solid Tumors. 2015-2016
- Principle investigator of the “Single-Dose Study to Evaluate the Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, Safety, and Tolerability of Apixaban in Pediatric Subjects at Risk for a Venous or Arterial Thrombotic Disorder” 2013-2015
- National coordinator of the High Risk Neuroblastoma 1 ESIOP protocol, 2002 – 2005
Active involvement in several basic research programs including:
- Identification and isolation of cancer stem cells in pediatric malignancies in order to identify targetable markers (2 papers are currently in the processes of submission) The role of cannabinoids as anti-cancer drug in pediatric malignancies
Conditions and treatment
- Pediatric oncology
- Immune deficiencies
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Neuroblastoma and solid tumors
- Chronic blood disorders
- Sstem cell transplantation
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Hematological diseases
- Bone marrow failure
- Deputy Director of the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and BMT Division
- Head of the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Day Care Service
- Professional memberships: Israel Medical Association, Israel Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Israel Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusions
Education and Training
- MD, the Rappaport School of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel 1981 – 1988.
- Residency, Department of Pediatrics, the Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Israel, 1989 –1993
- Residency, Department of Pediatric Hematology –Oncology, the Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Israel, 1996 – 1999
- Cancer in Children: challenges and controversies. The British Council international seminar, London, England, 1997.
- Basic Research: Tolerance Mechanisms in Transplantation, Professor Yair Reisner Laboratory, Immunology Department, Weizmann Institute, Israel, 2006-2008.
- GCP course: Sheba Medical Center, Israel, 2008.
- Advanced management program for senior hematologists, LAHAV Executive Education, Tel-Aviv university, 2010
- Debriefing Assessment in Healthcare For Promoting Patient Safety, Sheba Medical Center, 2014
- Biomedical Informatics - Diploma Studies for Physicians and Senior Researchers, Bar-Ilan University, 2014-2015
- Doctor of Medicine – 1992
- Registered Specialist in Pediatrics - 1994
- Registered specialist in Pediatric Hematologist – Oncologist, 1999
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: