Dr. Eran Alon specializes in adult and pediatric otolaryngology. Most of his work is done in the field of surgery. Dr. Alon has a unique specialty in head and neck oncology and microvascular reconstructive surgery of the face, head and neck. Dr. Alon has established the Plastic Microsurgery Service at Sheba.
Membership in professional associations:
American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-H&NS)
American Board of Otolaryngology
Israel Society of Oncology Head & Neck Surgery
Israeli Medical Society
Israel Society of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery
AAO-HNSF Humanitarian Resident Travel Grant – Face-to-Face Cambodia Medical Mission – 2008
Mayo International Health Program – Travel Scholarship. Face-to-Face Cambodia Medical Mission – 2008
Outstanding Teacher, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University – 2017
Scientific Poster Award for Retrospective Institutional Review of Otorhinolarynoglogical Manifestations of Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid; 2nd Place, Combined secions meeting, February 2007. Marco Island, Fl.
Professor Jacob Green Award for Outstanding Academic Achievements -2003
Glaxo Wellcome Scholarship for Public Health Education in Brazil – 1998
- Director, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Director, Pediatric Otolaryngology Service
Education and Training
- MD, the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel. Graduated with honors.
- Internship in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery, Mayo Clinic, USA
- Fellowship in oncological surgery and complex reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, Beth Israel Medical Center, USA.
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Israeli license
- Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, US license