Prof. David Goitein is a leading specialist, senior physician in the Surgical Oncology C Department, Head of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Unit, Chaim Sheba Medical Center.
Prof. Goitein has completed his medical education at the Hadassah Medical School, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. He than continued to Research Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery and a year of Clinical Training at the Department of General Surgery Clinical campus, Temple University Health System, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Prof. Goitein have performed hundreds of advanced laparoscopis surgeries during his practice.
He is an active participant in scientific meetings, member in several professional societies: Israeli Society for General Surgery, Israeli Society for Endoscopic Surgery, European Association for Endoscopic Surgery, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, International Federation of Surgery for Obesity, International Federation of Surgery for Obesity, Israeli Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery Forum.
Prof. Goitein has published dozens of scientific publications in several medical journals. He has received a few prizes and awards for his work.
- Head, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Unit, Chaim Sheba Medical Center
- Associate professor, Surgery Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Member, European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES), Research committee
- Examination Board Member, Expert Title Examination step B, Scientific Council - Israel Medical Association, Israel
- Instructor, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) IDF School of Military Medicine, Trauma Branch
- Member, National Steering Committee for Bariatric Surgery
- Board member, Israeli Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Member, Institutional Review Board (Helsinki Committee), Chaim Sheba Medical Center
Conditions and treatment
- minimally invasive surgery
- laparoscopic surgery
- bariatric surgery
- general surgery
- endoscopic surgery
- metabolic surgery
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion
Education and Training
- MD graduate, Hadassah Medical School, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Instructor course , Endorsed by The American College of Surgeons’ Trauma Society, San Francisco, CA
- Research Fellow, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of General Surgery , Clinical campus, Temple University Health System, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Clinical Training, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of General Surgery , Clinical campus, Temple University Health System, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Medical Management Course for Heads & Deputies of Departments and Institutions, Sheba Medical Center
- University Diploma in Surgical Endoscopy. University of Strasbourg/IRCAD, Strasbourg, France
- General Surgery