Prof. David Goitein is a leading specialist, senior physician in the Surgical Oncology C Department, Head of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Unit, Chaim Sheba Medical Center.
Prof. Goitein has completed his medical education at the Hadassah Medical School, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. He than continued to Research Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery and a year of Clinical Training at the Department of General Surgery Clinical campus, Temple University Health System, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Prof. Goitein have performed hundreds of advanced laparoscopis surgeries during his practice.
He is an active participant in scientific meetings, member in several professional societies: Israeli Society for General Surgery, Israeli Society for Endoscopic Surgery, European Association for Endoscopic Surgery, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, International Federation of Surgery for Obesity, International Federation of Surgery for Obesity, Israeli Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery Forum.
Prof. Goitein has published dozens of scientific publications in several medical journals. He has received a few prizes and awards for his work.
Conditions and treatment
- Minimally invasive surgery
- General surgery
- Metabolic surgery
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Endoscopic surgery
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion
- Head, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Unit, Chaim Sheba Medical Center
- Associate professor, Surgery Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Member, European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES), Research committee
- Examination Board Member, Expert Title Examination step B, Scientific Council - Israel Medical Association, Israel
- Instructor, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) IDF School of Military Medicine, Trauma Branch
- Member, National Steering Committee for Bariatric Surgery
- Board member, Israeli Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery
- Member, Institutional Review Board (Helsinki Committee), Chaim Sheba Medical Center
Education and Training
- MD graduate, Hadassah Medical School, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Instructor course , Endorsed by The American College of Surgeons’ Trauma Society, San Francisco, CA
- Research Fellow, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of General Surgery , Clinical campus, Temple University Health System, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Clinical Training, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Department of General Surgery , Clinical campus, Temple University Health System, Western Pennsylvania Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Medical Management Course for Heads & Deputies of Departments and Institutions, Sheba Medical Center
- University Diploma in Surgical Endoscopy. University of Strasbourg/IRCAD, Strasbourg, France
- General Surgery
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: