3 Reasons to Choose Israel for The Treatment of Rhabdomyosarcoma in Adults
Israel not only has one of the world’s premier healthcare systems, but is also a cost-effective choice for medical tourism, offering a wide range of medical services, and the treatment for rhabdomyosarcoma in adults.
Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is a relatively rare type of soft tissue cancer that usually forms in skeletal muscle tissue, or sometimes hollow organs such as the bladder or uterus. A mutation in cells called rhabdomyoblasts, which normally develop into skeletal muscles, can result in the creation of RMS cells. The mutation causes these cells to multiply quickly and to go on living when healthy cells would normally die. The result is a mass (tumor) of malignant cells that can invade and destroy healthy body tissue. While rhabdomyosarcoma is more common in children and teens, it can also occur in adults, who are more likely to have faster-growing types of RMS and to have them in parts of the body that are harder to treat.
Types of rhabdomyosarcoma:
- Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma (ERMS) – the most common Type in young children that tends to occur in the head and neck area, bladder, vagina, or in or around the prostate and testicles.
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS) – the most common type in older children, which is usually faster growing than ERMS, and tends to occur in the large muscles of the arms, legs, and trunk.
- Pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma – pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma, also known as anaplastic rhabdomyosarcoma, is an uncommon but most aggressive type of rhabdomyosarcoma that usually occurs in adults and is often discovered in the extremities.
Since the treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma in adults can be complex, it is crucial to choose a medical center staffed with top-tier cancer specialists and medical experts with experience in a wide range of disciplines for treatment. A treatment plan for adult rhabdomyosarcoma must take the tumor’s type, size, and location into consideration, and may include surgery, chemotherapy, targeted drugs, and radiation therapy.
Reasons to Seek Rhabdomyosarcoma Treatment in Israel
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US
Where to Pursue Rhabdomyosarcoma Treatment in Israel?
- Having discovered a few of the many advantages of choosing Israel for the treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma in adults , where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- Antiangiogenesis: Antiangiogenesis is a breakthrough treatment for metastatic sarcoma, which inhibits the development of blood vessels that feed metastases. Research trials showed that in 46% of the patients who received the therapy, the enlargement of 31% of the metastases was stopped.
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba treats each patient as a unique individual, personalizing every therapy program.
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.
- Our physicians are actively involved in the latest research and application of progressive treatments.
Adult rhabdomyosarcoma often requires prompt expert treatment. Don’t delay – learn more about cutting-edge therapies in Israel. Contact Sheba Medical Center for a consultation
Request a consultation
Ready to contact us for a consultation about your condition and our medical services? The staff of our International Medical Tourism Division is ready to help.
Please select the appropriate button to get started.