TIL Immunotherapy at The Sheba Medical Center
“Usually, within 4 weeks, we see the beginning of the clinical results. In the CT scans, you see the metastasis getting smaller and smaller, and some of the metastasis finally disappear. If you achieve complete response, it’s durable, and you actually cure patients with advanced melanoma” – Dr. Jacob Schachter
Why Choose Sheba for TIL Melanoma Immunotherapy?
TIL is available in only a very few countries. Sheba Medical Center in Israel is a great choice for your TIL Immunotherapy treatment destination for several reasons:
- Sheba has been collaborating on TIL research since near the beginning and works hand in hand with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the foremost international health center accreditation authority.
- Many of the foremost TIL and melanoma specialists are at Sheba. These Israeli physicians are rigorously trained and experienced, and they regularly collaborate with their colleagues worldwide.
- Sheba is the home of the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-oncology, a large facility devoted solely to cancer immunotherapy treatment and research.
- The Cancer Center at Sheba Medical Center is the premier cancer center in Israel and stands among the top cancer institutions in the world.
- At Sheba, you’ll have access not only to TIL treatments, but also other specialized melanoma therapies, such as targeted drug treatments. You’ll also enjoy compassionate and fully supportive care.
- Sheba has a Medical Tourism Department wholly devoted to your care and comfort. They are happy to assist you with travel arrangement, translation, and anything else you need.
TIL Costs in Israel
Being new and difficult to find, TIL Immunotherapy treatment can be extraordinarily expensive in the US. In fact, TIL costs start at around $250,000 in the states and can easily reach $750,000
You shouldn’t have to face bankruptcy to receive life-saving cancer treatment. Advanced medical care is much more affordable in Israel: complete TIL treatment averages about $180,000. This means that in Israel you receive expert care for a fraction of the cost in the US. Remember, Israeli healthcare is ranked among the top five in the world, while the US healthcare system still lags behind.
For more information, the healthcare professionals at Sheba Medical Center stand ready to help you.