What Are the Benefits of Receiving Targeted Therapy for Ewing’s Sarcoma in Israel?
Learn why many choose Israel for cancer treatment, more specifically, targeted therapy for Ewing’s Sarcoma.
Ewing’s sarcoma is cancer that occurs primarily in the bone or soft tissue around the bone. While Ewing’s sarcoma can develop in any bone, it is most often found in the hip bones, ribs, long bones, or humerus. Metastatic Ewing’s sarcoma develops when sarcoma cells spread to other areas of the body, including the bone marrow, lungs, kidneys, heart, adrenal glands, and other soft tissues.
Around 6 out of 10 people with Ewing’s sarcoma live at least 5 years after being diagnosed, but this can vary, and some people live much longer. Being a relatively rare malignancy, Ewing’s sarcoma treatment is complicated. Therefore, it is critical to choose a medical center staffed with top-tier cancer specialists and medical experts experienced in a wide range of disciplines for treatment.
Ewing’s sarcoma treatment options depend on the type, size, and location of the tumor, and include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and bone marrow transplantation.
In recent years, medical research has shed light on some of the main differences between normal cells and cancer cells. It is these differences, or mutations, that cause the latter to grow and spread out of control. This information led to the development of specialized drugs that can precisely identify and attack certain types of cancer cells.
Targeted therapy, officially classified as biological treatment, is a type of cancer treatment that uses these specialized drugs that target cancer cells while leaving healthy cells alone. Targeted therapy destroys cancer cells by blocking chemical signals that tell them to grow; changing proteins within the cells so they die; preventing new blood vessels from forming that would otherwise feed cancer cells; triggering the immune system to kill cancer cells; or sending toxins to the cancer cells to destroy them. Since these specialized drugs are made to only target specific cancer cells, targeted drugs can, in many cases, be more effective than chemotherapy, and they often have fewer side effects.
As cancer treatment research continues and advances, new and better targeted therapies are constantly being engineered. At Sheba, our skilled scientists and oncologists are leading the way in the clinical application of cutting-edge targeted therapies.
Benefits of Getting Targeted Therapy for Ewing’s Sarcoma in Israel
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US
Where to Pursue Targeted Therapy for Ewing’s Sarcoma in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of getting treatment for Ewing’s Sarcoma in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba treats each patient as a unique individual, personalizing every therapy program.
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.
- Our physicians are actively involved in the latest research and application of progressive treatments.