PIPAC THERAPY IN ISRAEL – ADVANCED TREATMENT FOR PERITONEAL METASTASIS
Conventional methods of administering chemotherapy are not always effective or appropriate for treating abdominal (peritoneal) metastasis. In these cases, PIPAC (Pressurized IntraPeritoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy), a revolutionary type of drug-delivery, may offer a new and effective solution. If you are suffering from abdominal metastasis or certain other types of cancer, and your current chemotherapy program is not improving your condition, PIPAC therapy in Israel may provide help – and hope.
What is PIPAC?
PIPAC (Pressurized IntraPeritoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy) is a minimally invasive method of delivering chemotherapy. It uses the cutting-edge technology of the Capnopen, a customized nebulizer device that transforms the chemotherapy agents into an aerosol and applies them directly into the abdomen. Because the chemo drugs are pressurized, a much smaller dose is required to deeply penetrate the tumor tissue. In general, PIPAC is used for palliation and for down-staging cancer that has not reached the end stage.
Start to finish, PIPAC takes about an hour, and the reported side effects from PIPAC are significantly fewer than those caused by systemic chemotherapy.
Why choose PIPAC therapy in Israel?
If you or a loved one are suffering from abdominal metastasis and have reached the point where you are exploring PIPAC therapy for treatment – it is critical to find the best cancer center that offers this breakthrough drug-delivery.
Here’s a rundown of the reasons why choose PIPAC therapy in Israel:
- Outstanding physicians – Israeli doctors train at leading hospitals and medical schools around the world
- Leading-edge therapies – researchers in Israel collaborate with international cancer experts, putting us at the forefront of applying the newest therapies, often before they are available elsewhere
- High value for a lower cost – hands-down, the cost of top quality healthcare in Israel is less (about 30-80% less than in the US)
- Patient safety – hospitals in Israel adhere to the highest international safety standards in healthcare
- Last, but certainly not least, Sheba Medical Center is a top reason to choose Israel for PIPAC. The physicians, specialized medical care, and general health services are all exceptional. That’s why in 2019, Newsweek ranked Sheba in their prestigious list of the Top Ten Hospitals in the World.
PIPAC therapy at Sheba
At Sheba, PIPAC is performed by premier cancer specialists. Prof. Aviram Nissan, Director of the Department of General and Oncology Surgery, and Dr. Almog Ben Yaakov, expert in oncology surgery, studied how to administer PIPAC from the doctors who invented and developed the phenomenal PIPAC technology in Paris. Sheba’s physicians are the pioneers who brought PIPAC therapy to Israel.
PIPAC has been performed successfully at Sheba for many qualified candidates. As a result, the tumors stopped progressing, and these patients experienced a significant upgrade in their quality of life.
Even though you may choose Sheba specifically for our expertise in PIPAC therapy, we practice holistic healthcare, tending to both your physical and emotional well-being. Also, we understand that cancer is overwhelming enough without the stress of traveling to a foreign country. That’s why a dedicated personal coordinator from our International Medical Tourism Division (who speaks fluent English!) will accompany you throughout your entire treatment program, from travel plans to follow-up exams.
To find out more about progressive PIPAC therapy in Israel, contact Sheba to book a consultation.
Request a consultation
Ready to contact us for a consultation about your condition and our medical services? The staff of our International Medical Tourism Division is ready to help.
Please select the appropriate button to get started.