Sheba Research Shows an Improvement in Patient Safety Standards Due to MedAware’s Machine Learning-based Platform
Researchers at Sheba Medical Center recently investigated the clinical effects of implementing MedAware’s machine learning-enabled patient safety platform. Their studies confirmed that the innovative technology significantly reduces medical risks associated with avoidable errors. These results stress how the use of MedAware’s platform can help save patients’ lives.
The findings, which showed a low overall alert burden, demonstrated:
- MedAware generated warnings for only 0.4% of all prescriptions
- 60% of warnings were generated after a medicine was already dispensed following changes in patient status
- 89% of all alerts were regarded as accurate
- 80% of all alerts were regarded as clinically useful
- 43% of alerts led to changes in subsequent medical orders
MedAware is changing the standards of patient safety through clinical decision support solutions that are empowered by AI. MedAware’s platform can accurately detect and prevent medication related risks, such as prescription errors, opioid dependency, and adverse drug events and contraindications. Sheba’s researchers verified that the MedAware system enhances patient safety and minimizes preventable risks and costs each day.
Sheba has a steadfast commitment to advancing medical technologies, as attested to by their long-standing partnership with MedAware.