What Benefits Does Advanced Ovarian Cancer Immunotherapy in Israel Offer?
Ovarian cancer is broadly defined as the uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in one or both ovaries. These abnormal cells can grow and multiply quickly, creating a mass (tumor) and eventually breaking off to spread (metastasize) to other areas of the body.
Ovarian cancer mainly affects women who have been through menopause and are over the age of 50, but it can sometimes affect younger women.
At early stages, ovarian cancer symptoms may be nonspecific, which means the malignancy often goes undetected until it has spread within the pelvis and abdomen. At this late stage, it is much more difficult to treat as opposed to early-stage ovarian cancer, in which the disease is confined to the ovary.
Surgery to remove one or both ovaries and surrounding organs, including the fallopian tubes, the uterus, and nearby lymph nodes may be the initial form of treatment. Chemotherapy is a recommended treatment option following surgery and can help kill any cancer cells that remain. Other treatments include radiation therapy, hormone therapy, targeted therapy, and especially advanced ovarian cancer immunotherapy.
Keytruda: Ovarian Cancer Immunotherapy
Cancer immunotherapy describes a variety of treatments that utilize your body’s own immune system to combat the disease. These treatments work in several different ways – either by boosting your immune system in general or by stimulating your immune system to recognize and attack specific cancer cells. In recent years, immunotherapy has become an essential part of treating certain types of cancer and often works when other treatments fail.
At Sheba Medical Center, we offer patients a range of ovarian cancer immunotherapies, administered based on each patient’s specific cancer pathology to ensure optimal immune response. One of these advanced treatments is Keytruda, a monoclonal antibody that disables the cancer cells’ ability to hide from the immune system, allowing it to target and destroy cancer cells. As an advanced, cutting-edge treatment, ovarian cancer immunotherapy with Keytruda is offered in only a few select medical facilities globally.
Benefits of Getting Ovarian Cancer Immunotherapy in Israel
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in cutting-edge cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel therapies. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest safety standards, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
Where to Pursue Neuroblastoma Treatment in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of receiving ovarian cancer immunotherapy in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments available only in select medical institutions worldwide, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba treats each patient as a unique individual, personalizing every therapy program.
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient means that our professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.
- Our physicians are actively involved in the latest research and application of progressive treatments.
- Multidisciplinary medicine: at Sheba, specialists from various departments, including hemato-oncologists, geneticists, and radiation oncologists, collaborate to create a holistic treatment plan.
Ovarian cancer can be complex, and prompt expert treatment can make the difference. Don’t delay – learn more about innovative immunotherapies in Israel. Contact Sheba Medical Center for a consultation.
Request a consultation
Ready to contact us for a consultation about your condition and our medical services? The staff of our International Medical Tourism Division is ready to help.
Please select the appropriate button to get started.