Why Many Patients Choose Israel for Pediatric Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Treatment
With an advanced healthcare system, state-of-the-art facilities, and comparably lower costs, Israel is a leading choice for pediatric Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment.
Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a type of cancer that originates in the lymphatic system, which transports lymph, a fluid that contains disease-fighting white blood cells, and circulates through the body, much like blood does. In Hodgkin’s lymphoma, the cancerous cells originate from lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell that is part of the immune system, which undergoes a genetic mutation. The mutation tells the cell to multiply rapidly, generating many diseased cells that continue multiplying. This results in a large number of oversized, abnormal lymphocytes accumulating in the lymphatic system, where they crowd out healthy cells and cause the signs and symptoms of Hodgkin’s lymphoma. While Hodgkin’s lymphoma is most common in people between the ages of 20 and 40, and those over 55, it can affect people of any age, including, unfortunately, children. The latest treatments for Hodgkin’s lymphoma include chemotherapy, targeted therapy, radiation therapy, and bone marrow transplantation.
Reasons Why Many Patients Choose Israel for Pediatric Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Treatment
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments and medications against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
Where to Pursue Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Chemotherapy in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of getting pediatric Hodgkin’s lymphoma treatment in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. The largest hospital in Israel, and one of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- Sheba treats children with a holistic approach, keeping in mind that cancer can have devastating effects on the physical and emotional well-being of your child and his/her entire family, which is why we offer a variety of support services.
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- Top-notch facility: Sheba’s Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Division is a modern facility devoted entirely to the treatment of childhood cancers. These facilities feature advanced diagnostics and cutting-edge treatments.