Learn the Benefits of Getting New Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatments in Israel
As Ewing’s sarcoma is rare, and the treatment complicated, it is critical to choose a medical center staffed with top-tier cancer specialists
Ewing’s sarcoma is cancer that occurs primarily in the bone or soft tissue around the bone. While Ewing’s sarcoma can develop in any bone, it is most often found in the hip bones, ribs, long bones, or humerus. Metastatic Ewing’s sarcoma develops when sarcoma cells spread to other areas of the body, including the bone marrow, lungs, kidneys, heart, adrenal glands, and other soft tissues.
Ewing’s sarcoma accounts for about 1% of childhood cancers but is very rare in adults. While Ewing’s sarcoma can occur at any time during childhood, it most commonly develops during puberty, when the bones are growing rapidly. Around 6 out of 10 people with Ewing’s sarcoma live at least 5 years after being diagnosed, but this can vary, and some people live much longer. Being a relatively rare malignancy, Ewing’s sarcoma treatment is complicated. Therefore, it is critical to choose a medical center staffed with top-tier cancer specialists and medical experts with experience in a wide range of disciplines for treatment.
Ewing’s sarcoma treatment options in Israel depend on the type, size, and location of the tumor, and include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted drug treatment, and bone marrow transplantation.
Bone Marrow Transplantation
When necessary, bone marrow transplants can be undertaken as part of Ewing’s sarcoma treatment in Israel. The procedure involves depleting diseased bone marrow with chemotherapy or radiation and then intravenously infusing healthy donor stem cells into the patient. The new stem cells travel to the bone marrow, where they begin to produce new blood cells. At Sheba Medical Center, the largest hospital in Israel, the Department of Bone Marrow Transplants features 14 private rooms, alongside comprehensive, high-tech laboratories and clinics – enabling all steps of the transplant procedure to be completed efficiently on-site. The department has performed more than 2,000 transplants to date and employs a diverse team of world-renowned specialists, including hematologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists, who all work together to provide optimized treatments for each individual patient.
Benefits of Getting Ewing’s Sarcoma New Treatments in Israel
- Advanced Treatment: Medical institutions in Israel and the US often collaborate in advanced cancer research, developing new and effective treatments against the disease, yet Israel has fewer constraints than the US when it comes to adopting novel treatments. Israeli clinical trials still adhere to the highest standards of safety, but innovative treatments are generally made available to patients sooner than in the US.
- Quality of Care: Israeli physicians are exceptionally well-trained and often spend even more time on their medical education than American doctors. Also, you can be assured of high standards and strict safety regulations if you choose a hospital accredited by a trustworthy authority.
- Cost: In many countries, healthcare costs can be exorbitant. Without insurance, the costs of cancer treatment can be crippling. Prices are much lower in Israel, averaging 30-80% less than in the US, for example. That said, you’re not trading affordability for quality, since Israeli specialists, medical institutions, equipment, and procedures are among the most advanced in the world.
Where to Pursue Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatment in Israel?
Having discovered a few of the many advantages of getting treatment for advanced-stage neuroblastoma in Israel, where exactly should you pursue it? Sheba Medical Center is an exceptional choice. One of the 10 best hospitals in the world according to Newsweek magazine, Sheba is dedicated to providing patients with world-class medical care.
Within our Department of Sarcomas and Bone Tumors, Sheba is actively involved in exciting clinical studies to develop new treatments for Ewing’s sarcoma.
The advantages of receiving treatment at Sheba Medical Center include:
- Antiangiogenesis: Antiangiogenesis is a breakthrough treatment for metastatic sarcoma, which inhibits the development of blood vessels that feed metastases. Research trials showed that in 46% of the patients who received the therapy, the enlargement of 31% of the metastases was stopped.
- As a government institution, we have no hidden costs, and our fees are transparent. Although we offer advanced treatments that are available only in select medical institutions around the world, our prices are affordable.
- Sheba treats each patient as a unique individual, personalizing every therapy program.
- Sheba’s 360-degree care approach to every patient, which means that Sheba’s professionals will assist you with arranging medical record reviews, travel, visas, accommodations, and language interpretation as needed.
- Sheba has full accreditation from the Joint Commission International (JCI), the premier international healthcare accrediting group.
- Sheba has both advanced treatment and laboratory facilities. At Sheba, patients receive every aspect of their treatment in a single facility.
- Our physicians are actively involved in the latest research and application of progressive treatments.
Diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma and need help? Contact us at Sheba Medical Center to book a consultation.
Request a consultation
Ready to contact us for a consultation about your condition and our medical services? The staff of our International Medical Tourism Division is ready to help.
Please select the appropriate button to get started.