Holistic Anorexia Treatment
A coordinated, multidisciplinary effort is being made to effectively combat childhood eating disorders in the Department of Child Psychiatry at Sheba Medical Center’s Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital.
This multipronged approach includes several methods of addressing these devastating childhood illnesses:
- There are facilities available for 21 inpatients to receive around the clock care.
- Our interdisciplinary staff consists of child and adolescent psychiatrists, nutritionists, teachers, psychologists, pediatricians, counselors, and nursing personnel.
- Therapies provided include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and more.
- We have a training program to guide new therapists in the appropriate treatment of pediatric eating disorders.
- We treat about 70 patients each year and have seen a total of 1500 children and adolescents with eating disorders.
- Our expert and experienced staff take a holistic approach to childhood eating disorders, treating not just the symptoms but also the root cause. Complete recovery is our goal.
If a child you love is suffering from an eating disorder, contact Sheba Medical Center now,
where every patient receives world-class medicine with a personal touch.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: