Holistic Anorexia Treatment
A coordinated, multidisciplinary effort is being made to effectively combat childhood eating disorders in the Department of Child Psychiatry at Sheba Medical Center’s Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital.
This multipronged approach includes several methods of addressing these devastating childhood illnesses:
- There are facilities available for 21 inpatients to receive around the clock care.
- Our interdisciplinary staff consists of child and adolescent psychiatrists, nutritionists, teachers, psychologists, pediatricians, counselors, and nursing personnel.
- Therapies provided include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and more.
- We have a training program to guide new therapists in the appropriate treatment of pediatric eating disorders.
- We treat about 70 patients each year and have seen a total of 1500 children and adolescents with eating disorders.
- Our expert and experienced staff take a holistic approach to childhood eating disorders, treating not just the symptoms but also the root cause. Complete recovery is our goal.
If a child you love is suffering from an eating disorder, contact Sheba Medical Center now,
where every patient receives world-class medicine with a personal touch.