Dr. Zvi Cohen is a leading neurosurgeon, Director of the Oncological Neurosurgery Unit. He specializes in neurosurgery, benign and malignant brain tumors and pituitary adenomas.
His clinical activity includes surgeries for primary and secondary brain, spine and spinal cord tumors, drame and frameless stereotactic brain biopsies, image guided surgical removal of primary and metastatic brain tumors, which include the use of intra-operative MRI.
Dr. Cohen founded the tumor bank for brain tumors in Sheba Medical Center.
- Member of the Society of Neuro-Oncology (SNO)
- Member of the Israeli Association of Neurological Surgeons (IANS)
- Deputy Director, Department of Neurosurgery
- Director of the Neuro-Oncology Unit
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery in the Sackler Medical School in Tel-Aviv Universit
Conditions and treatment
- benign brain tumor
- malignant brain tumor
- pituitary adenoma
- spine tumors
- spinal cord tumors
Education and Training
- MD., Sackler School of Medicine, Tel- Aviv University, Israel
- Residency, Department of Neurosurgery, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
- Fellowship, Neuroradiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
- Fellowship, Neurosurgical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX