Doctor Zion Zibly is the Director of the Department of Neurosurgery at the Sheba Medicla Center. He is a MD graduate of the Technion’s Faculty of Medicine in Haifa, Israel and a renowned specialist in neurosurgery.
Following his residency in neurosurgery at Sheba, Dr. Zibly has had an extensive experience in treating of benign and malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord in one of the leading centers for treatment and research in this field (National Institutes of Health, US). Additionaly he practiced in functional and stereotactic neurosurgery at the Ohio State University, US. During his fellowship and over the course of his career Dr. Zibly has taken part in and performed hundreds of complex surgeries in cases of brain malignancies, Parkinson’s, tremor and dystonia.
Dr. Zibly has taken part in many studies and was a member of the surgical team which has performed the first brain stimulator for Alzheimer patients in USA. He participates in numerous neurology studies and has had his work published in several scientific journals. Dr. Zibly is an active member in various academic societies, including the North American Association of Functional Neurosurgery and the Israeli Neurosurgical Society.
Dr. Zibly specializes in implantation of electrostimulators for patients with essential tremor, Parkinson’s and dystonia (deep brain stimulation), surgical treatment of neurological pain and oncological neurosurgery: treatment of brain and spinal cord benign and malignant tumors.
He was awarded top 10 of interns at the Sheba Medical Center, and Focus Ultrasound Foundation research fellow grant.
Conditions and treatment
- Surgical neuro oncology
- Stereotactic neurosurgery
- Focus ultrasound
- Oncological neurosurgery
- Spinal cord tumors
- Essential tremor
- Functional neurosurgery
- Brain tumors
- Neurological pain
- Deep brain stimulation
- Director, Department of Neurosurgery, Sheba Medical Center
- Member of Israeli Neurosurgical Society, Congress of Neurological Societies, North American Neuromodulation Society, European Neurosurgical Association Boards, The Israeli Journal of Neurology (Editor)
Education and Training
- MD graduate from the Faculty of Medicine, Technion
- Residency in Neurosurgery at the Sheba Medical Center
- Radiosurgery Fellowship, Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, NIH, USA
- Neurosurgical Oncology Fellowship, National Institute of Neurological Disease and Stroke, NIH, USA
- Stereotactic and Functional Neurological Surgery Fellowship, Center for Neuromodulation, Department of Neurosurgery, Ohio State University Medical Center, USA
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: