Dr. Yuri Goldes, Deputy Director, Department of General Surgery at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center, specializes in Esophageal, Gastric and Pancreatic Cancer treatment using Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery.
Dr. Goldes is a highly trained surgeon, who began his professional journey at the Sheba Medical Center and then continued his specialization with an Upper Gastro-Intestinal and Hepato-Biliary Surgery Fellowship at Department of General, Visceral Surgery and Transplantation, Medicinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany.
He than attended a several advanced trainings: workshop of Hepato-Biliary Surgery, Department of General, Visceral Surgery and Transplantation, Campus Virchow, Charite Medical Center; Advanced Laparoscopy; Workshop of the Da Vinci Robotic System, Strasbourg, France; Workshop of the “Habib” surgical instrument for liver resection, London, England; Workshop of the Nano Knife Technology for pancreatic and liver cancer, Louisville, Kentucky, US.
Dr. Goldes was the first surgeon in Israel to perform a stomach and pancreas procedure using a robotic system in 2012. As of today he is the only specialist in the country who performs a pancreatic head resection using a minimally invasive approach (laparoscopy).
FORBES Israeil has named Dr. Goldes to be the number 1 surgeon in Israel for gastroesophageal surgeries.
Dr. Goldes also serves as a Teacher and Tutor of students in General Surgery, and was named as a Distinguished Tutor and Teacher, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University (2005).
- Deputy Director, Department of General Surgery, Sheba Medical Center
- Member of Israel Medical Association
- Member of Israel General Surgery Association
- Teacher and Tutor of students in General Surgery
Conditions and treatment
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Pancreatic Head Resection
- Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgery
- Hepato-Biliary Surgery
- Gastroesophageal Surgery
Education and Training
- MD (graduated with Distinction)- Lunacharsky Medical University, Astrakhan, Russia (1988-1994)
- Internship, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Israel (1997-1998)
- Residency in General and Laparoscopic Surgery at Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer (1998-2005)
- Fellowship - Upper Gastro-Intestinal and Hepato-Biliary Surgery at Department of General, Visceral Surgery and Transplantation, Medicinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany (2007-2009)
- Workshop – Hepato-Biliary Surgery, Department of General, Visceral Surgery and Transplantation, Campus Virchow, Charite Medical Center (2012, 2013)
- General Surgery