Prof. Yehuda Shoenfeld is the founder and head of the Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, at the Sheba Medical Center, which is affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine in Tel-Aviv University in Israel.
Professor Shoenfeld’s clinical and scientific works focus on autoimmune and rheumatic diseases, and he has published more than 1750 papers in journals such as New Eng J Med, Nature, The Lancet, Proc Nat Acad Scie, J Clin Invest, J Immunol, Blood, FASEB, J Exp Med, Circulation, Cancer and others.
Professor Shoenfeld is on the editorial boards of 43 journals in the fields of rheumatology and autoimmunity and is the founder and the editor of the IMAJ (Israel Medical Association Journal), the representative journal of science and medicine in the English language in Israel, and also is the founder and Editor of Autoimmunity Reviews (Elsevier) (Impact factor 7.9) and co-Editor of the Journal of Autoimmunity (Impact factor 8). For the past twenty years Yehuda has been the Editor of “Harefuah” – The Israel Journal in Medicine (Hebrew).
Professor Shoenfeld received the EULAR prize in 2005, in Vienna, Austria. In UC Davis, USA, Professor Shoenfeld received the Nelson’s Prize for Humanity and Science for 2008. He was recently awarded a Life Contribution Prize in Internal Medicine in Israel, 2012 as well as the ACR Master Award in 2013.
Membership in Professional Societies:
- American College of Rheumatism
- Member of the IUIS/WHO/AF/CDC Committee for the Standardization of Autoantibodies
- Israel Medical Association
- Israel Society of Internal Medicine
- Israel Society of Physiology and Pharmacology
- Israel Society of Immunology
- ISIM: The International Society of Internal Medicine
- New York Academy of Sciences, N.Y., U.S.A.
- American Federation of Clinical Research
- Slovak Society of Physicians
- Honorary member of the Hungarian Association of Rheumatology
- Honorary member of the Royal Society of Physicians (UK)
- Honorary member of the Slovenian National Academy of Sciences.
- Head of the Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases
- Chair of Incumbent of the Laura Schwarz-Kipp Chair for Research of Autoimmune Diseases, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- Appointed Professor of Medicine in Tel-Aviv University, Sackler Faculty of Medicine
- Doctoris Honoris Causa in Debrecen University (Hungary)
Conditions and treatment
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Rheumatology Diseases
Education and Training
- Hadassa Medical School, Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Diploma cum laude upon completion of post graduate studies in internal medicine, Postgraduate Medical School, Tel Aviv University
- Senior resident, Department of Internal Medicine "D" and Out-Patient Clinic of Hematology and Immunology, Beilinson Medical Center, Petach Tikva, Israel
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, Department of Hematology, City of Hope, Duarte, California
- Clinical Fellowship Hematology/Oncology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Mass.
- Clinical Fellowship Hematology/Oncology, Cornell Medical Center, New York Hospital
- Autoimmune Diseases