Dr. Shira Felder, MD, is a leading physician at the Radiation Oncology Department in the Cancer Center and the head of the Gynecologic-Oncology service there. Dr. Felder completed her medical education at Hadassah medical school in Jerusalem, and a clinical-research fellowship in the field of radiotherapy and brachytherapy for gynecologic tumors at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, Canada.
Dr. Felder’s clinical interests include gynecologic tumors (cervix uteri, uterus, vagina, vulva and ovarian cancers), brachytherapy, and urinary tract tumors (prostate, bladder and kidney cancers). She is a well-known specialist in all forms of brachytherapy (“internal radiation”) for gynecologic tumors, including intra-cavitary, intravaginal and interstitial brachytherapy.
Dr. Felder is involved in clinical trials focusing on improving outcomes and toxicity of treatments for patients with gynecologic tumors.
Dr Felder is the professional director of the national CME course for residents at the Israeli School of Radiotherapy.
Conditions and treatment
- Brachytherapy of female gynecologic tumors
- Stereotactic Body Radiosurgery (SBRT)
- Gynecologic tumors
- Uterus cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Urinary tract tumors
- Bladder cancer
- Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) & VMAT
- Radiation oncology
- Cervix uteri cancer
- Vagina cancer
- Vulva cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Head of the Gynecology Oncology service at the Radiation Oncology Department, Sheba Medical Center
- Senior Physician, Radiation Oncology Division at the Cancer center
- Membership in Professional organizations: Israeli Medical Organization- oncology division, Israeli Society of Gynecologic Oncology, European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology (ESTRO), College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO), Canadian Medical Association (CMA).
Education and Training
- Graduate of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem (Hadassah Medical School), Israel.
- Residency in Radiation Oncology, Sheba Medical Center, Israel.
- Fellowship at Radiation Medicine Program, University of Toronto, Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, Canada.
- Radiation Oncology
Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiation for Stage I Lung Cancer in Israel: A Retrospective Single-Center Report.
Vitamin D deficiency in oncology patients–an ignored condition: impact on hypocalcemia and quality of life.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: