Dr. Ran Harel, the Director of Sheba’s Spinal Surgery Unit, was named by Forbes magazine as one of the best doctors in Israel.
While experienced in performing cervical, thoracic, and lumbar procedures, Dr. Harel’s field of expertise is spinal surgeries, including minimally invasive approaches such as spinal radiosurgery, a painless procedure for treating spine tumors and metastases. In addition to his position at Sheba, Dr. Harel also serves as a senior lecturer at the Tel Aviv University School of Medicine.
Conditions and treatment
- Conservative and operative management of cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal disorders, caused by degeneration, infections, trauma and tumors
- Treatment of spinal tumor with spinal radiosurgery
- Director of the Spinal Surgery Unit, Sheba Medical Center
- Member, Israel Spine Society
- Member, AO Spine Foundation, Switzerland
- Senior Lecturer, Tel Aviv University School of Medicine
Education and Training
- M.D., Tel Aviv University School of Medicine
- Neurosurgery Residency, Sheba Medical Center
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic Spine Health Center
- Spinal Surgery
Spinal radiosurgery using the synergy-S system.
Harel R, Spiegelmann R.
Hazards of Ionizing Radiation and its Impact on Spine Surgery.
Hadelsberg UP, Harel R.
Spine metastases: current treatments and future directions.
Harel R, Angelov L.
Spine radiosurgery for spinal metastases: indications, technique and outcome.
Harel R, Zach L.
MRI blind zone: A proposed novel index for spinal implants artifacts.
Harel R, Kimchi G, Knoller N.
Computation in spinal circuitry: lessons from behaving primates.
Harel R, Asher I, Cohen O, Israel Z, Shalit U, Yanai Y, Zinger N, Prut Y.
Intraoperative spine ultrasound: application and benefits.
Harel R, Knoller N.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: