During 2008 – 2010 Dr. Harel graduated the spine surgery fellowship in Cleveland Clinic Spine Health Center and done an infolded spine radiosurgery fellowship, treating spine tumors with focal radiation.
Also he was involved in basic science project working on spinal cord injury model and nerve injury model in rats, and clinical study, including cervical deformity, cervical circumferential surgery, spinal tumors and spinal radiosurgery.
After his return to Israel, he joined the Spinal Surgery Division at Sheba hospital.
Dt. Harel is treating spine tumor and spine metastases by a novel treatment called Spine Radiosurgery using the Brain lab Novalis system. He is skilled in surgeries of the spine for degenerative, trauma, tumor, and infection. Experienced in the cervical, thoracic and lumbar regions, trained in various approaches to the spine including the dorsal, ventral, lateral, combined and minimally invasive approaches.
Conditions and treatment
- Conservative and operative management of cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal disorders, caused by degeneration, infections, trauma and tumors
- Treatment of spinal tumor with spinal radiosurgery
Education and Training
- Sackler Medical School, Tel Aviv University
- Neurosurgery Residency at Sheba Medical Center
- Spine surgery fellowship in Cleveland Clinic Spine Health Center
- Spinal Surgery