Prof. Amos Toren is the Director of the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and BMT Division, certified in Pediatrics, General Hematology and Pediatric Hemato-Oncology. He served as the Head of the division of Hematology at Sackler School of Medicine Tel-Aviv University for 2 terms.
He also has a PhD degree in Genetics and qualified as a Master of Health Administration (MHA) at the Recannati Business School, Tel-Aviv .
Main research areas:
1.CAR-T therapy for relapsed/resistant CD19-expressing leukemias and lymphomas
2. The effects of cannabinoids on pediatric tumors
3. Cytokine induced killer cells against pediatric tumors
4. Pediatric brain tumors research
The Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Department of the Sheba Medical Center is the leading center for treatment of childhood cancers in Israel. The department includes the Pediatric Oncology Outpatient Clinic and Day Care Unit, the Inpatient Ward and the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit. Though the primary focus is children, the department also treats young adults (till the age of 30) with solid tumors that are more typical of the pediatric age group.
This is the leading research center in childhood cancer in Israel, with strong collaborative connections with some of the major centers of Pediatric Oncology in Europe and the USA, including St. Anna Children’s Hospital in Austria, the Pediatric Oncology Branch in the National Cancer Institute, NIH and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Conditions and treatment
- Director of the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and BMT Division
- Member of: The Israeli Pediatric Society, The Israeli Society of Hematology, The Israeli Society of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology (ISPHO), The European Society of Pediatric Hematology (ESPHI), The European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT), The American Society of Hematology (ASH), The children Oncology Group (COG), The Center for international Blood and Marrow transplant research (CIBMTR)
- Member of the Ministry of Health Cord Blood Committee.
Education and Training
- The Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University.
- Degree of M.D. Residency, Department of Pediatrics, Sheba Medical Center, Registered Specialist in Pediatrics.
- Residency, Department of Hematology, Sheba Medical Center, Registered Specialist in Hematology.
- Bone Marrow Transplantation Department, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Registered Specialist in Pediatric Hemato-Oncology.
- PhD the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Human Genetic Tel-Aviv University
- MHA, Recannati School of Business, Tel-Aviv University.
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: