The Pediatric Pulmonary Unit of the Sheba Medical Center provides a comprehensive range of diagnostic techniques and treatment for patients of all ages from infancy to adulthood.
Our services include:
- Pulmonary function laboratory, specialized in Lung Function Tests including pre-school children (3-6 years old)
- Pediatric Flexible Fiber-Optic Bronchoscopy Services
- Pre-natal consultation regarding Congenital Lung Lesions – High Risk Pregnancies
- Lung diseases including Asthma, Broncho-Pulmonary Dysplasia (BPD), Gastro-Esophageal Reflux (GERD), Upper Airway Obstruction (congenital and acquired), Familial Dysautonomia (Riley-Day Syndrome) and others
- Children with Apparent Life Threatening Event (ALTE): diagnosis, family education, home monitors, and long-term follow-up
- Allergic evaluation and consultation
- The National Cystic Fibrosis Center of Israel is housed in the Pediatric Pulmonary Unit. Our center is the largest Cystic Fibrosis center in Israel, it serves approximately 150 patients, ranging from infants to seniors, including transplanted patients.
- Director, Pediatric Pulmonary Unit
Conditions and treatment
- Ataxia Teleangiectagia
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Familial Dysautonomia
- Congenital central hypoventilation Syndrome
- Pediatric Pulmonology