- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Dr. Oren Barzel is an Orthopedic surgeon and Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy Medicine specialist. He is the Director of the Orthopedic Rehabilitation Department in Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer.
He has been a lecturer in Orthopedics at School of Occupational Therapy, at Ono Academic College in Kiriat Ono, Israel. He teaches Introduction to Orthopedics course for 2nd year students.
Dr. Barzel completed his medical studies at the Technion Medical School, Haifa, Israel. He continued as a Orthopedic surgical resident in the Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Resident in Orthopedic Rehabilitation ward at Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel. Dr. Barzel worked as Orthopedic Surgeon at Outpatient Clincs, Lod Center, Clalit Health clinic, and at Terem, Health clinic, Modiin and in Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem.
He was a Lecturer in Orthopedics at School of Occupational Therapy, Hebrew University of Jerusalem and at Nursing school, Jerusalem College of technology Machon Tal.
Also Dr. Barzel served as Paramedic SHAHAL (Cardiac Services) in Haifa, Israel.
Conditions and treatment
- Limb Amputations
- Treating children with congenital defects
- Diabetic Foot treatment
- CRPS assessment and treatment
- Director of the Orthopedic rehabilitation department in Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer
- Senior staff member at the orthopedic rehabilitation ward
- Head of CRPS multidisciplinary team in the Rehabilitation ward
- Couching "ALE –NEGEV" new rehabilitation ward in Ofakim
- Lecturer, Orthopedics, School of Occupational Therapy, Ono Academic College, Kiriat Ono, Israel
- Outpatient multidisciplinary Congenital limb deficiency outpatient clinic
- Orthopedic and rehabilitation outpatient clinic
Education and Training
- MD graduate from the Technion Medical School, Haifa, Israel
- Resident, Orthopedic surgery Medicine, Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
- Resident, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Assessment and treatment of Stenosing Flexor Tenosynvitis: Common Practice of Orthopedic Surgeons, Hand-Surgeons and Family Physicians
ervical spine injuries in down hill bicycle riders, a new sport with a new injury patternPresented to Israeli Spine Association Meeting, Eilat, IsraelPrimary presenter, in collaboration with Josh E. Schroeder, Y. Barzilay, L. Kaplan, A. Hasharoni.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: