- Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Internal medicine
The Head of Sheba’s Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Clinic (CLL), Dr. Benjamini completed his medical studies at Semmelweis University, and went on to a chronic lymphocytic leukemia fellowship at MD Anderson, one of the world’s leading cancer treatment centers. A renowned CLL expert, Dr. Benjamini leads CLL research efforts at Sheba to provide patients with the highest level of care.
Conditions and treatment
- Chronic Lymphocytic leukemia
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Benign hematology
- Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Lymphoproliferative diseases
- Senior Specialist and Principal investigator in clinical trials in CLL at Hematooncology Department
Education and Training
- Semmelweis University, Budapest Hungary
- Residency in internal medicine at Meir Medical Center
- Fellowship in the department of hematology and bone marrow transplantation at Chaim Sheba Medical Center
- Fellowship at the department of leukemia at MD Anderson cancer center, Huston Texas
- Internal medicine
Long-term control of refractory follicular lymphoma after treatment of secondary acute promyelocytic leukemia with arsenic trioxide (As2O3) and all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA). Jain P, Konoplev S, Benjamini O, Romagura J, Burger JA.
Low rate of spleen involvement in sporadic Burkitt lymphoma at staging on PET-CT. Davidson T, Priel E, Schiby G, Raskin S, Chikman B, Nissan E, Benjamini O, Nissan J, Goshen E, Ben-Haim S, Salomon O, Avigdor A.
The CXCR4 inhibitor BL-8040 induces the apoptosis of AML blasts by downregulating ERK, BCL-2, MCL-1 and cyclin-D1 via altered miR-15a/16-1 expression. Abraham M, Klein S, Bulvik B, Wald H, Weiss ID, Olam D, Weiss L, Beider K, Eizenberg O, Wald O, Galun E, Avigdor A, Benjamini O, Nagler A, Pereg Y, Tavor S, Peled A.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: