- The Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno Oncology
- Clinical Oncology
Dr. Nethanel Asher is a senior physician at Sheba’s Ella Lemelbaum Institute of Immuno-Oncology. He completed his medical studies with distinction at the University of Bologna and holds a teaching position at the Tel Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine. At Sheba, he focuses on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of melanoma.
Conditions and treatment
- Skin cancer
- Senior physician, the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno Oncology
- Sub investigator in several phase 1,2 and 3 oncologic clinical trials
Education and Training
- MD graduate, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy
- Internship in General Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, emergency medicine, Intensive Care units, Hillel Yffe M.C. Hadera
- Emergency Medicine, School of continuing medical education, University of Tel-Aviv
- Medical Oncology, School of continuing medical education, University of Tel-Aviv
- Clinical Oncology Resident, Sourasky Medical Center, Tel-Aviv
- ESO Molecular Diagnostics in Clinical Oncology, Viareggio, Italy
- Preceptorship in Neuroendocrine Tumors, Van Cutsem, Belgium
- Preceptorship in Colorectal Cancer treatment, Flacone, Loupakis, Pisa
- Expert Forum in metastatic Colorectal Cancer, Geißler, Berlin Germany
- ICH – GCP
- Preceptorship in melanoma, Larkin. London England
- Medical Oncology
Immunotherapy comes of age in octagenarian and nonagenarian metastatic melanoma patients.Ben-Betzalel G, Steinberg-Silman Y, Stoff R, Asher N, Shapira-Frommer R, Schachter J, Markel G. Eur J Cancer. 2019 Jan 12;108:61-68. doi: 10.1016/j.ejca.2018.12.012
Recurrent Pneumonitis in Patients with Melanoma Treated with Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. Asher N, Marom EM, Ben-Betzalel G, Baruch EN, Steinberg-Silman Y, Schachter J, Shapira-Frommer R, Markel G. Oncologist. 2019 Feb 18. pii: theoncologist.2018-0352. doi: 10.1634/theoncologist.2018-0352. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30777894
Real World Outcomes of Ipilimumab and Nivolumab in Patients with Metastatic Melanoma. Asher N, Ben-Betzalel G, Lev-Ari S, Shapira-Frommer R, Steinberg-Silman Y, Gochman N, et al. Cancers. 2020 Aug;12(8):2329.
Possible immune adverse events as predictors of durable response to BRAF inhibitors in patients with BRAF V600-mutant metastatic melanoma. Ben-Betzalel G, Baruch EN, Boursi B, Steinberg-Silman Y, Asher N, Shapira-Frommer R, et al. Eur J Cancer Oxf Engl 1990. 2018 Sep;101:229–35.
Safety of BRAF+MEK Inhibitor Combinations: Severe Adverse Event Evaluation. Meirson T, Asher N, Bomze D, Markel G. Cancers. 2020 Jun 22;12(6).
The non-responding adrenal metastasis in melanoma: The case for minimally invasive adrenalectomy in the age of modern therapies. Zippel D, Yalon T, Nevo Y, Markel G, Asher N, Schachter J, et al. Am J Surg. 2020 Aug;220(2):349–53.
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: