The Director of Sheba’s Leukemia Unit, Dr. Canaani, has extensive experience in treating hematological malignancies, particularly acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). He is currently focused on translational aspects of AML and ALL research, aiming to delineate molecular mechanisms associated with specific response patterns in leukemia patients receiving conventional chemotherapy as well as novel targeted therapies.
- Director of the Leukemia Unit, Sheba Medical Center
- Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University
- Member of the American Society of Hematology
- Member of the Israeli Society of Hematology
Education and Training
- Hemato-Oncology Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Postdoctoral research, Laboratory of Prof. Tsvee Lapidot, Department of Immunology, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
- Internal Medicine Residency, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel
- M.D., School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Israel Board of Internal Medicine
- Israel Board of Hematology
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: