Dr. Jacob Ilany MD., is a Senior Physician at the Institute of Endocrinology. Dr. Ilany specializes in endocrine disorders, diabetes and metabolism. Dr. Ilany has completed has MD at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem; Residency, Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel; Fellowship – in Endocrinology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts USA. He was awarded a faculty prize for Outstanding M.D. Thesis as well as several awards for excellence in clinical tuition for students of Hadassah Medical School. His main research interests are: principle investigator and sub-investigator in several clinical studies, including phase II and III studies of new medications; planning and conducting a clinical study to assess glucose abnormalities in patients with acute coronary events.
- Senior Physician at the Institute of Endocrinology
- Member of the Israel Endocrine Society
Conditions and treatment
- internal medicine
Education and Training
- MD from the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
- Fellowship - in Endocrinology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts USA
1.Glucose homeostasis abnormalities assessed by an OGTT in coronary artery disease patients during admission and follow-up at ambulation.
2. Overexpression of Rad in muscle worsens diet-induced insulin resistance and glucose intolerance and lowers plasma triglyceride level.
3. All publications