A senior physician at Sheba’s Goldschleger Eye Institute with more than 100 published medical articles, Prof. Ido (Didi) Fabian is a world-renowned expert in ocular tumor treatment, with a particular emphasis on retinoblastoma, lymphoma, and melanoma. Among many other accomplishments, Prof. Fabian founded and leads the Global Retinoblastoma Study Group, co-founded the Asian Retinoblastoma Group, and is the initiator and managing organizer of the ISOO Africa conference – the first meeting of the International Society of Ocular Oncology in Africa.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Fabian serves as an associate professor at the Tel Aviv University School of Medicine as well as the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, UK.
Conditions and treatment
- Ocular oncology
- Conjuctival melanoma
- Uveal melanoma
- Intraocular lymphoma
- Ocular tumors
- Director, Sheba Global Ophthalmology
- Associate professor, Tel Aviv University School of Medicine
- Honorary associate professor, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Committee member, the Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer, the World Health Organization (WHO)
Education and Training
- M.D., Technion Institute of Technology School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, Sheba Medical Center
- Ocular Oncology Fellowship, Sheba Medical Center
- Ocular Oncology Fellowship, Moorfields Eye Hospital at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London, UK
- Retinoblastoma Fellowship, Jules-Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Ocular Oncology
Retinoblastoma in Asia: Clinical presentation and Treatment Outcomes in 2112 patients from 33 countries. Ophthalmology 2023
The Global Retinoblastoma Outcome Study: a prospective, cluster-based analysis of 4064 patients from 149 countries. The Lancet Global Health 2022
Global Retinoblastoma Presentation and Analysis by National Income Level. JAMA Oncology 2020
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: