Dr. Ido (Didi) Fabian runs the ocular oncology laboratory at the Goldschleger Eye Institute at Sheba, where he is actively involved in researching innovative treatments for ocular tumors. Also, an assistant professor, affiliated to the International Centre for Eye Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He has a particular interest and expertise in treating retinoblastoma, ocular lymphoma, and conjunctival melanoma.
Dr. Fabian is the initiator and principal investigator of the Global Retinoblastoma 2017 study, a global collaboration with over 4,000 retinoblastoma patients enrolled (half of the global incidence in a calendar year) from 154 countries. Dr. Fabian is a member of the International Society of Ocular Oncology (ISOO) Young Ocular Oncologist (YOO) committee, and he is a member of Sight for All, an Australian nonprofit that focuses on ocular oncology training in South East Asia. He is also a member of the Retinoblastoma-Network; in this role, he trains local doctors from Sub-Saharan East Africa. Dr. Fabian has published dozens of scientific articles in international journals.
He also volunteers to Physicians for Human Rights, providing ophthalmic care in Palestinian villages in the West Bank.
Reviewer for the following medical journals/foundations:
- RETINA – The Journal of Retinal and Vitreous Diseases
- GIF – German – Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development
- Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Research
- International Journal of Ophthalmic Pathology
- IMAJ – The Israeli Medical Association Journal
- Current Eye Research journal
- Case Reports in Ophthalmology
- Molecular oncology
- Expert review of ophthalmology
- Future oncology
- Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Conditions and treatment
- Ocular oncology
- Conjuctival melanoma
- Uveal melanoma
- Intraocular lymphoma
- Ocular tumors
- Consultant Ocular Oncologist, Goldschleger Eye Institute
- Senior Lecturer, Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University / Ophthalmology
Education and Training
- Chemistry, School of Chemistry, Faculty of Exact Science, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel. Cum Laude
- MD., Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel. Cum Laude
- Internship. Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, Israel
- Ophthalmology residency. Goldschleger Eye Institute, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
- School of Continuing Medical Education in Ophthalmology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Fellowship in ocular oncology, the Ocular Oncology Service, Goldschleger Eye Institute, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
- Fellowship in ocular oncology, the Ocular Oncology Service, Mooerfields Eye Hospital and Saint Bartholomew Hospital, London, UK
- Fellowship in retinoblastoma (Dr. Francis Munier), Jules-Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Ocular Oncology
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: