Prof. Zvi Symon has completed his MD and specialization in Internal Medicine at the Hadassah Hospital, and then specialized in Oncology and Radiotherapy at the Hadassah Hospital and at the Sheba Medical Center. He completed his fellowship in Radiation Oncology, with the focus on Brachytherapy treatment for prostatic cancer and gynecological tumors.
Nowadays, as the Director of the Radiation Oncology Department, Prof. Symon is developing a unique program of HDR Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer using interventional MR imaging for implant placement. The Department is fortunate to be endowed with cutting edge equipment. A high dose rate Brachytherapy unit has been in use for the last 5 years and has recently been upgraded to allow full 3 dimensional CT or MRI based Brachytherapy planning.
High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy is offered for Gynecological Cancer, obstructive Lung Cancer and head & neck (tongue) Cancer. Prof. Symon and his team are also implementing a program of radioactive seed implants for Prostate Cancer and perform total body irradiation treatment for Bone Marrow transplantation. Prof. Symon has published over 90 papers and articles in the scientific journals.
- Director, Radiation Oncology Department
- Professor, Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
Conditions and treatment
- Clinical oncology
- head and neck tumors
- Radiation oncology
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Radiation tolerance
Education and Training
- MD. From the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School.
- Internship in Internal medicine at Gadassah Medical Center.
- Internship in General Oncology and Radiotherapy at the Hadassah Medical Center and the Sheba Medical Center.
- Fellowship in Brachytherapy Treatment for Gynecological Cancer and Prostate Cancer.
- Internal Medicine
- General Oncology and Radiotherapy