Ziv Ben Ari
- Center for Liver Diseases
- Internal medicine
Prof. Ziv Ben Ari MD. Director of the Center for Liver Diseases and of the Liver Research Laboratory at the Sheba Medical Center and Professor of Medicine at Tel-Aviv University. Prof. Ben Ari is a specialist in Internal Medicine and has served as a fellow in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation at the Royal Free Hospital, London from 1991 until 1996. She is a national and international evaluated leader in the field of Hepatology.
Professor Ben Ari has received over thirty grants from government, research associations, foundations, Tel Aviv University and pharmaceutical companies for her ongoing liver research. She has been a co-investigator in over fifty international multicenter clinical trials and is an Associate Editor of several highly-ranked international medical journals.
She is a widely sought as an international lecturer and has been widely published (more than 125 articles). Currently, Professor Ben Ari is the chairwoman of the Israeli Association for the Study of the Liver and is an active member of the American and European Association for the Study of the Liver.
Conditions and treatment
- Hepatitis B
- Fatty liver
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary liver cancer
- Liver diseases
- Liver imaging
- Liver cirrhosis
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis C
- Metabolic diseases
- Liver transplantation
- Liver biopsy
- Biliary disease
- Liver tumors
- Director of the Center for Liver Diseases and of the Liver Research Laboratory at the Sheba Medical Center
- Professor of Medicine the Sackler School of Medicine at Tel-Aviv University
- Chairwoman of the Israeli Association for the Study of the Liver
- Active member of the American and European Association for the Study of the Liver
Education and Training
- MD from the Faculty of Medicine at the Technion University in Haifa
- Fellow in Hepatology and Liver Transplantation at the Royal Free Hospital, London
- Internal Medicine
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: