Deputy Director, Cancer Center, and the Head of the Thoracic Oncology Unit, Institute of Oncology at the Sheba Medical Center. Prof. Bar has performed a specialization in Oncology (Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy) at the Sheba Medical Center, followed by a clinical fellowship in Thoracic Oncology at The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre.
Beside the full clinical position at the Institute of Oncology, Prof. Bar heads an active research lab, focusing on the study of immunotherapy resistance, aiming to improve the treatments available for lung cancer patients. The research spans translational, clinical and basic science studies, including collaborations with numerous scientists in Israel and abroad.
Prof. Bar is the recipient of the Dr. Lawrence Kline/Ms. Sherry Merkis Award. He was a part of the group that established the Israel Lung Cancer Group (ILCG), and has been the Chair of ILCG during 2013-2021.
Dr. Bar is also a member of ISCORT, ASCO and AACR. He is an author of numerous articles and chapters in the medical literature.
- Deputy Director, Cancer Center
- Head of the Thoracic Oncology Unit
- Prof. Bar was a part of initiative group to establish the Israel Lung Cancer Group (ILCG), and is a Chair of ILCG since 2003.
- Prof. Bar is also a member of ISCORT, ASCO and AACR
Education and Training
- M.D., from the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School
- Ph.D., in Molecular Biology from the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Medical & Radiotherapy Oncology