Raanan Berger, M.D, Ph.D, is the Director of the Cancer Center, a senior Oncologist and Radiotherapist, heading the clinical research facility in the Institute of Oncology and Radiotherapy at the Sheba Medical Center. MD and PhD from Sackler Medical School at the Tel Aviv University, and a member of ESMO and ASCO.
Prof. Berger initiated and established a support service at the Institute of Oncology, with the purpose of granting the patients and their families the environment of multi-systemic treatment. The patients receive not only the cutting edge medical solutions, but the assistance of trained psychologists and social workers, who offer a personal approach for the patients and the members of their families.
Prof. Berger is leading the genitourinary oncology program, as well as running a basic and translational research lab studying molecular mechanisms in prostate and breast tumorigenesis. Prof. Berger is co-author of 20 peer reviewed scientific articles.
Conditions and treatment
- Director of the Cancer Center
- Senior Oncologist and Radiotherapist
- Member of ESMO and ASCO
- Senior Lecturer at the Sackler Medical School at the Tel Aviv University
Education and Training
- MD and PhD from Sackler Medical School, TAU. Clinical training in Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy at Sheba.
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Dana Farber Cancer Institute at Harvard Medical School.
- Combined clinical work treating prostate cancer patients (with Dr. Philip Kantoff) with basic research in Dr. William C. Hahn's lab
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: