Prof. Jacob Schachter, Chairman of the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-Oncology at the Sheba Medical Center, is one of the most prominent oncologist practicing in the field of melanoma in Israel.
He also acts as the Head of the Forum of the Israeli Melanoma Society, and a Prof. in Tel Aviv University Medical School. In 2004 Prof. Schachter has established the Ella Institute, which offers innovative pharmaceutical and surgical treatments for melanoma patients, including the advanced and promising TIL cells treatment, available today only at Sheba and NIH.
Prof. Schachter is involved in planning and executing numerous clinical researches in the field of melanoma treatment, especially in development of innovative immunotherapy therapy as well as the combination of pharmaceutical and radiation treatments. Through the years Prof. Schachter has published approximately 50 papers in the scientific literature, numerous chapters in scientific literature in the field of melanoma and tumor immunology as well as numerous publications in leading conferences worldwide.
- Chairman, the Ella Lemelbaum Institute for Immuno-Oncology
- Deputy Director of the Oncology Division, The Sheba Medical Center
- Prof. at the Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
- Member of EORTC, The European Organization for the Research and Treatment of Cancer
- Member of the Israeli Society for Oncology and Clinical Radiotherapy
- Member of the Society for Biotherapy
- Member of the Early Clinical Study Group
- Head of the Forum of the Israeli Melanoma Society
Education and Training
- Graduate of the Hadassah Medical School, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Residency in Oncology and Radiotherapy at the Rabin Medical Center, Belinson Campus.