Prof. Gil Raviv MD. Phd is the Director of The Andrology Unit , Senior Physician at the Urology Department and the Sexual Rehabilitation Unit. He is a highly qualified specialist, who completed his MD in Italy and Israel, and specialized in Infertility and Impotence and in Reconstructive urethral surgery.
The Andrology Unit, led by Prof. Raviv is involved with the following laboratory activities: complete range of semen analysis according to WHO Guidelines; semen improvement treatments required by patients of the Semen Cryobank; histological analysis of Testis Tissue; various procedures of Testicular Sperm Retrieval (TESE, TESA, MESA).
The Sexual Rehabilitation Unit of the Department of Urology provides treatment for both men and women with sexual dysfunction. Our highly trained staff consists of a senior urologist, a sexologist and a specialty-trained nurse. The majority of our patients are those with risk factors of developing sexual disturbances from Diabetes Mellitus, Ischemic Heart Disease, Hypercholesterolemia and Endocrinology Disturbances.
Conditions and treatment
- Transrectal ultrasound
- Sexual dysfunction
- Male fertility
- Urethral surgery
- Director of The Andrology Unit
- Senior Physician at the Urology Department and the Sexual Rehabilitation Unit
- Professor, The Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
- Membership in Professional Societies: Belgian Urological Association, Israel Urological Association, European Urological Association, Israel Fertility Association, European society of Sexual Medicine, International Society for the study of the Aging Male, International society of Sexual Medicine
Education and Training
- Medical studies: Siena University, Italy
- Roma University, Italy
- Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University
- Fellowship in Infertility and Impotence, Hopital ERASME, Bruxelles
- Reconstructive urethral surgery, Hopital UZ, Gent
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: