Prof. Gil Raviv MD. Phd is the Director of The Andrology Unit , Senior Physician at the Urology Department and the Sexual Rehabilitation Unit. He is a highly qualified specialist, who completed his MD in Italy and Israel, and specialized in Infertility and Impotence and in Reconstructive urethral surgery.
The Andrology Unit, led by Prof. Raviv is involved with the following laboratory activities: complete range of semen analysis according to WHO Guidelines; semen improvement treatments required by patients of the Semen Cryobank; histological analysis of Testis Tissue; various procedures of Testicular Sperm Retrieval (TESE, TESA, MESA).
The Sexual Rehabilitation Unit of the Department of Urology provides treatment for both men and women with sexual dysfunction. Our highly trained staff consists of a senior urologist, a sexologist and a specialty-trained nurse. The majority of our patients are those with risk factors of developing sexual disturbances from Diabetes Mellitus, Ischemic Heart Disease, Hypercholesterolemia and Endocrinology Disturbances.
- Director of The Andrology Unit
- Senior Physician at the Urology Department and the Sexual Rehabilitation Unit
- Professor, The Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
- Membership in Professional Societies: Belgian Urological Association, Israel Urological Association, European Urological Association, Israel Fertility Association, European society of Sexual Medicine, International Society for the study of the Aging Male, International society of Sexual Medicine
Conditions and treatment
- transrectal ultrasound
- male fertility
- sexual dysfunction
- urethral surgery
Education and Training
- Medical studies: Siena University, Italy
- Roma University, Italy
- Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University
- Fellowship in Infertility and Impotence, Hopital ERASME, Bruxelles
- Reconstructive urethral surgery, Hopital UZ, Gent