Prof. Ehud Raanani is a specialist in the field of cardiothoracic surgery; he graduated from the Sackler School of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University and completed a clinical fellowship in cardiac surgery at the University of Toronto, where he specialized mainly in surgical repair of aneurysms and the aorta, as well as complex surgical repair of heart valves.
Prof. Ehud Raanani is a Professor of surgery at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine at the Tel-Aviv University and he has published over 150 papers in peer-reviewed international journal for cardiac surgery and cardiology, and chapters in books. Prof. Raanani is a member in several international societies such as the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS), and Society of Heart Valve Diseases.
Prof. Raanani is also a member in several SAB of start-up companies in the field of heart medical devices. Prof. Raanani served as Chairman of the Israeli Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery between the years 2005-2008 and is currently a member of several European and American societies in the field of cardiac surgery. Furthermore, he is responsible for many clinical and laboratory researches in the field of cardiac surgery.
Conditions and treatment
- Cardiac surgery
- Surgical repair
- Adult heart surgery
- Organ perfusion
- Open-heart surgery
- Coronary by-pass surgery
- Mitral reconstruction
- Congenital cardiac malformation
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Heart valves
- Pediatric surgery
- Arterial revascularization
- Aortic valve repairs
- Marfan syndrome
- Director, Leviev Cardiovascular and Thoracic Center
- Associate Professor , Cardiology, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv Univerity, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Director of the Department of Cardiac Surgery
- Professor of Surgery at the Sackler School of Medicine, TAU
Education and Training
- Technion Medical School, Haifa, Israel
- Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
- University of Toronto, Department of Surgery Clinical Fellowship
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NY, post graduate course
- S. Orsola- Malpighi Hospital, Italy, postgraduate course: Surgery of the Thoracic Aorta
- Master of valve repair program, Bad-Neustadt, Germany
- The 5th International Advanced Valve Repair Programme, Brusseles, Belgium.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: