Professor Amitai Ziv, M.D. MHA, was trained as a pediatrician at Hadassah Medical Center and the University of Pennsylvania Children’s Hospital. He is responsible for risk management, quality assurance and medical education at Sheba Medical Center, as well as heading the Sheba Rehabilitation Hospital.He has established MSR, Israel Center for Medical Simulation.
Prof. Ziv has served as a consultant for the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates International Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) programs in Israel, Spain, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, Italy, and the USA, and was a member of the CSA Test Development Team in Philadelphia. He is a world renowned expert in the field of medical simulation and has been invited to speak at medical conferences worldwide and at leading medical institutions.
He is the recipient of national and international awards for Humanitarian Action and for leadership and commitment to the applied health sciences. Dr. Ziv has also served as a member of two WHO Patient Safety Alliance Expert Working Groups on Medical School Patient Safety Curriculum and on Patient Safety Technology. Prof. Ziv has published and presented over 60 papers in peer-reviewed international journals and at the international conferences.
- Deputy Director, Sheba Medical Center
- Director, Risk Management Quality Assurance
- Medical Education Director, Israel Center for Medical Simulation (M.S.R.)
- Director of the Sheba Medical Center Rehabilitation Hospital
- Clinical Senior Lecturer and Chairman of the Department of Medical Education at the Tel Aviv University Sackler Faculty of Medicine.
- Holds an Adjunct Associate Professor position at Mayo Clinic (Medical Education) and at Case Western Reserve University (Pediatrics).
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, Israeli Medical License, Israeli Pediatric Specialty License, US Medical Licensing Examination, Pennsylvania (USA) unrestricted license to Practice Medicine, Israeli Health Administration Boards
Education and Training
- MD. from Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem
- Fellowship in Adolescent Medicine- University of Pennsylvania- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
- MA in Health Administration- Tel Aviv University, Recanati School of Business