Dr. Amir Onn received has MD from the Hadassah Medical School at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He then specialized in Internal Medicine and Pulmonology at Tel- Aviv Sourasky Medical Center. For six years Dr. Onn specialized in Interventional Pulmonary Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center and worked as a senior physician at the Pulmonology Department.
Upon his return to Israel, Dr. Onn has taken forward Pulmonary Oncology at the Sheba Medical Center and has been heading the Institute of Pulmonology since 2014. The main focus of his practice is the diagnostics and treatment of chest malignancies based on the principles of personalized medicine. Dr. Onn has over 90 publications in scientific literature.
The Institute of Pulmonology, Physiology and Exercise deals with Chest Disease, Asthma, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Lung Cancer, Tuberculosis, Interstitial Lung Diseases, Pulmonary Hypertension and other rare lung diseases such as Alveolar Proteinosis, Occupational and Allergic Lung Diseases, and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center.
The outpatient services help patients through every stage of their diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. The Institute has specialty-designed programs and facilities to help patients recovering from lung disease or a lung transplant to quit smoking and begin the rehabilitation process through aerobic and respiratory muscle training.
Conditions and treatment
- Head of The Institute of Pulmonology, Physiology and Exercise
- Associate Director of the Israeli Tissue Bank
- Program Director of Sheba-MD Anderson Cancer Center Sister Institution Program
- Director and a member of Executive Committee at the WIN organization for personalized medicine
- Member of the MHO committee, early diagnosis of the lung cancer using low-dosage chest CT
Education and Training
- Dr. Amir Onn received has MD from the Hadassah Medical School at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem
- Specialized in Internal Medicine and Pulmonology at Tel- Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
- For six years Dr. Onn specialized in Interventional Pulmonary Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center, and worked as a senior physician at the Pulmonology Department.
- Internal Medicine
Request a consultation
Sheba Medical Center provides innovative, personalized medical care to patients from around the world. We are the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Middle East and dedicated to providing advanced and compassionate medicine for everyone.
We welcome all cases, including the rarest and the most challenging. Our medical teams collaborate to provide the best possible health outcomes. From your initial inquiry through the long-term follow-up care, we are here for you.
Request a consultation and a Sheba Case Manager will contact you shortly: