Prof. Daniel Azoulay is one of the world’s leading surgeons in the field of complex liver surgeries and liver transplants.
Prof. Daniel Azoulay completed his medical studies at the University of Paris, and for 22 years he was a senior surgeon at the Hepatobiliary Center, founded by Professor Henry Bismuth at Paul Brousse Hospital. For seven years he has been Chief Department of Digestive, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary and Liver Transplantation Surgery Hôpital Henri Mondor (University Hospital) – Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris.
To date, he has performed more than 1,500 liver transplants from dead and live donors and thousands of liver-pancreatic-biliary surgeries, some of which are highly complex.
Prof. Azoulay likes to teach and share his rich practical experience with medical students. He is a member of the European Society of Surgery and Liver Transplantation and has published more than 400 medical articles in the leading medical literature. He has also served as editor in major medical journals in the field of general surgery, liver and transplantation, including Annals of Surgery, British Journal of Surgery, and World Journal of Surgery.
His extensive experience in liver and pancreatic surgery includes in situ hypothermic perfusion of the Liver, surgical shunts, liver ablation in the front and split liver transplantation.
– French Society of Transplantation (1989)
– French Association of Hepato-biliary surgery and liver transplantation (1989)
– European Society of Organ Transplantation (1993)
– European Society for Surgical Research (1994)
– French Association for the Study of the Liver (1994)
– French Society of Intensive Care (1995)
– French Association of Surgery (1999)
– European Surgical Association (2004)
- Senior Surgeon, the Center for Liver Diseases
Conditions and treatment
- surgical oncology
- abdominal surgery
- gastrointestinal surgery
- hepatocellular carcinoma
- colorectal cancer
- cancer surgery
- liver cirrhosis
- hepatobiliary surgery
- liver transplantation
Education and Training
- M.D. Doctorat en Médecine 1989 University of Paris VI, Paris, France
- Residency Assistance Publique-Hopitaux de Paris
- Fellowship, HPB center, Brousse Hospital (Villejuif, France, Chief Henri Bismuth)
- HPB Surgery and Liver Transplantation